DSD+ 1.101 Not spliting MP3 by time interval

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luernaud

I recently switched the DSD+ audio source from using a virtual audio cable with SDR# to a TCP/IP connection from FMP to DSD. Everything works correctly except for the "wav/mp3 file generation interval".

I am launching FMP/DSD using the batch file below
Code:
start fmp.exe -i1 -o20001 -P-11.0 -g32.8 -v90 -f152.3750

start dsdplus -v4 -i20001 -o1 -OS output.mp3 -I60 -fr

The DSD console on launch has the following lines which would imply the syntax is correct but just ignored:
Code:
wav/mp3 file generation interval = 60 minutes
Saving synthesized audio to files 'output*.mp3'

DSD will create the MP3 and record the audio, but it always records to the first file. It took a while to notice this on one of my rigs and the mp3 file is now 20 hours long and 280+ meg in size.

Is there anyway to fix this issue while keeping the TCP/IP connection or does the dsd program need a bug fix?

thewraith2008

Hello,
I found this in the Notes.txt from the Fast Lane.

DSD+ 1.112 New Features
-----------------------
DSD+: Fixed a timed recording file ( -I<num> ) bug

I have not tested.

thewraith2008

Take the leap and get in the Fast Lane. $10US for 12 months. That's 19.2 cents a week or 83.3 cents a month. That will get you updated.

Cheers.

Luernaud

Resolved the issue with a batch file that runs every hour to rename the old file and restart DSD. It does not look like there will be another public release and everything else works perfectly fine so I see no point in paying to beta test software.

racingfan360

DSD+: Fixed a timed recording file ( -I<num> ) bug
I have not tested.
To confirm, this IS fixed in 1.112 and subsequnt FL releases.

I see no point in paying to beta test software.
What an odd comment. Personally, I find it a bit disingenuous to the developers, who have spent many hours of their own time and effort to provide software, when people still moan about something they are getting for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.