DSD 1.3 Sound card

Status
Not open for further replies.

G225

Hi, I Receive signal 2% or 3% and I ask if normaly.

Discriminator TAP to SB-Live.

The reception of digital is correct.

gary123

you should have better % than what your posting 45+% is where you should be starting. Check your tap and levels. Also you haven mentioned the format you are trying to decode (p25,provoice etc)

for my tap im using a 10k series resistor and a .01 cap also in series.

G225

RadioShack 2037 connected directly.

How I check my level dicriminator tap ?

gary123

if your tap isnt configured similar to what I have described you probably wont get anything usefull from the scanner to the computer. For level setting you can also open the sound setting on your computer and adjust the line or mic in.

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
if your tap isnt configured similar to what I have described you probably wont get anything usefull from the scanner to the computer. For level setting you can also open the sound setting on your computer and adjust the line or mic in.

Hi Gary. I don't want to hijack this thread from the other gentleman, but are you saying that you must have the resister and capacitor in line in order for this to provide decode-able discriminator audio? I've poured over these threads and I didn't see that it was an absolute necessity, but there is so much info now I may have missed it. I begin to wonder if such a setup is an absolute necessity as I seem to have done everything else right with regard to audio levels, using a second sound card for output, etc., but I rarely hear anything intelligible, just lots of garble despite plenty of scrolling information on screen. I have tried this now with 3 different computers, three different discriminator outputs from an AOR AR5000A+3, Icom IC-PCR1000, and a Uniden BC246T. I adjust the level for between 40%-50% input. Just can't quite get there. Another issue I have here is that I only have conventional P25 stations in the area from a military base which makes it harder to test.

Thanks.

G225

I installed "Alsa mixer for Gnome and I increase my signal has more than 22%.

gary123

scancapecod. I use the capacitor for dc isolation and the 10k resistor to prevent loading of the discriminator output. most scanners/recievers will work fine with out any resistor but I wanted my tap to be as transparent to the scanner as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.