scankid

Premium Subscriber
jason@ubuntu:~$ dsd
Digital Speech Decoder 1.4.1
mbelib version 1.2.3
Audio In/Out Device: /dev/audio
dsd
dsd-fn
Sync: -X2-TDMA mod: QPSK inlvl: 0% src: 0 tg: 0 [SLOT0] slot1 VOICE e:============R===========R=======E==========R=====E===
Sync: (-X2-TDMA) mod: QPSK inlvl: 0% src: 0 tg: 0 [slot0] slot1 VOICE e:====R====R=============E==========E========
Sync: no sync

scankid

Premium Subscriber
dsd

i'm there almost! just how to fix the garbleing sound on dsd space -fi nxdn48 [6.25]
or is there another system that they could be on?

scankid

Premium Subscriber
desc tap

i own a bc 72 and 92xlt, sc150 and my newest is the bcd396xt. what one would be the best to mod?

Is there a list of the - (dash commands)
for the tereminal app..

i want to invert the signal,im getting voice
decoded from DMA-MotoTRBO and P25...
good decode rates,,,anywhere from 1 to 99%
in DSD and allways 80% or more on my radio..

but the audio needs tuning..

cant seem to find a list of those options though...

bowser22

i might buy a beagle board and run ubuntu on it and let it decode all the transmissions!

nexus

i might buy a beagle board and run ubuntu on it and let it decode all the transmissions!

DUDE! THAT'S IT!!! That's my solution to run this thing while mobile. :eek:

My idea would be to take a beagle board, connect ubuntu on the sd card and configure a cron for dsd to automatically run on startup. Mount it in the trunk of my car next to my BCD996 and tap the 996 into the audio in of the beagle board. Run the audio out to a speaker in the car. So now I'd have provoice while mobile without having to carry my Pro-95 and toughbook with me.

Last edited:

scankid

Premium Subscriber
dsd

i'm in process of dis tap inside the scanner bc 92xlt . I was wondering when done will the scanner still mute the speaker in the scanner, like if you had it put in the headphone jack?

bowser22

ahaha yes, i was looking for all sorts of devices to run linux on so i could stay mobile but didnt want to use a full blown machine. I used to have a psr 500 and sold it and now i miss it:( I want to listen to p25 again but dont want to shell out the big bucks again on a digital scanner! omg! AND PHASE 2 when it hits!!

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
i'm in process of dis tap inside the scanner bc 92xlt . I was wondering when done will the scanner still mute the speaker in the scanner, like if you had it put in the headphone jack?
You're creating a separate audio path for the unfiltered discriminator audio. The speaker and headphone jack will work as before.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
NEXEDGE Question

Awesome program. Getting experience on a different operating system at same time. I'm getting a quite exceptional decode on a nearby ProVoice trunked system using a tapped RS PRO-2051 and a dual boot ACER Notebook. But the program doesn't want to decode the Southwest Regional Dispatch's new Kenwood Nexedge system. Before someone jumps to conclusions, the Southwest Regional Dispatch (Dallas County, Texas) is listed on RR as MPT-1327, but they abandoned that system about a year ago, went conventional UHF then changed to this new system. I have tried all the switches listed in the documentation and none of them work. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mark

scankid

Premium Subscriber
when you plug into the 1/8 jack from the dis tap . then into your pc, soundcard. If it is tapped right, you should hear nothing out of the speaker in the scanner, but you should get decoded audio through your pc's speaker's correct? right or wrong? like as if you plugged it into yhe headphone jack. you can't hear nothing in the scanner speaker only pc's speaker's.

bowser22

when you have the disc tap plugged in and hooked up, what you hear through the speaker and the disc tap should be the same audio. BUT! the disc audio is more pure without any filtering, your ears might have a hard time noticing it. What would happen for me when i decoded p25 is this. I'd plug in my disc output and sit on a digital talkgroup, when it would come to life i would here some hissing and buzzing out of the scanner side and i knew this was the raw p25 audio, id then run dsd at the same time this audio was coming through and out the other side i would have pure descernable voice! but when i listened to the disc audio at the same time hooked up to an external speaker they would sound the same pretty much.

only if youve installed the tap drastically incorrectly

the tap runs from the tap point/disc out lug/pad
into a resistor and cap,some just use a resistor.
i use a 10uf cap and anywhere from a 10k to 1k
resistor..

i go overboard and solder to some PCB and add
a disconnect plug cause opening the radio with the
tap hooked to the other half of the case is a pain..

ALSO,,Do Not solder your ground to the BNC area,
find somewhere else..ive noticed severe interference
when i grounded there..

heres a pic of my PSR310 i just tapped..

Last edited:
when you have the disc tap plugged in and hooked up, what you hear through the speaker and the disc tap should be the same audio. BUT! the disc audio is more pure without any filtering, your ears might have a hard time noticing it. What would happen for me when i decoded p25 is this. I'd plug in my disc output and sit on a digital talkgroup, when it would come to life i would here some hissing and buzzing out of the scanner side and i knew this was the raw p25 audio, id then run dsd at the same time this audio was coming through and out the other side i would have pure descernable voice! but when i listened to the disc audio at the same time hooked up to an external speaker they would sound the same pretty much.

umm,no,you should not hear any voice thru the tap..

Status
Not open for further replies.