DSD + 1.51 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
First I'd like to thank developers/programmers for a great product!

I have a few questions:

1. Is it possible to use either saved map tiles or a secondary mapping program for LRRP as internet connectivity is a problem?

2.What does the DSDPLUS Freq file do for you?

3. I see Group 32. 64, and 128 in my event log on a TRBO system. What are the significance of these groups. The most I ever see is 1 sec beside it with no audio decode. Are they control groups? NOTE: I never seen these running DMR Decode.

Appreciate any help/comments!

frenchfry

As for question 1 the tile only needs to be downloaded once and it is there to be used off line. Just zoom into all areas you think you need while online and you should be good to go.

Appreciate the info! That is good for the offline capabilities because I am one of the 1% that does not even have High Speed Internet in a rural area. As far as the frequencies, I wasn't sure if it would tune SDR# to another frequency or what.......
Thanks Again!

racingfan360

-I see Group 32. 64, and 128
Do you mean you are seeing TG=32 etc info? These are Talk Groups or Groups, which you should also see in DMRDecode

jhampton,
Yes, it is "TG". It is just odd as I've have monitored the county system for a while and I have never seen these talk groups. It also seems there numbering scheme is kind of odd (32,64,128???). When they do show in the event log, they sometimes show with no audio decode and may show numerous times.
I'm wondering if they could be data channels but I would also expect to see them on DMR Decode?

Appreciate the response, Andy

frazpo

I will post here since the thread is kind of open.
I have found a Nexedge trunk CC that is registered to a state agency that operates a P25 system. Weird I know. Anyway,,Is there a way to show the voice channels that are indicated in the CC output. It shows the voice activity but I do know where the Voice frequencies are.

pdeveau2010

audio playback sound too loud

hi, I just recorded a 4 min audio of voice on dsd+ 1.51 on a nxdn system, the audio is almost inaudiable. when I was hearing it live while recording it was fine, then when I played it back it sounded way over processed, like they were screaming in the mikes. I am using a discriminator tap for this.

any ideas on how to adjust the audio recording?

thanks
Paul

Fraz,
Not sure on that one.....

pdeveau,
Well if it decoded with normal audio (live) and playback is distorted. It would seem to be either the way it saved the file or is playing it back. I don't think it does further processing to save the wav/MP3 file. Possibly try another media player to compare.....

Now back to the 32/64/128 thing. Yes they are showing as a TG in the event log with (1s, 5s, 8s ect) but they do not show in DMR Decode...... I still have yet to catch one live in the event log while listening.

DSDPlus

hi, I just recorded a 4 min audio of voice on dsd+ 1.51 on a nxdn system, the audio is almost inaudiable. when I was hearing it live while recording it was fine, then when I played it back it sounded way over processed, like they were screaming in the mikes. I am using a discriminator tap for this.

any ideas on how to adjust the audio recording?

thanks
Paul
Upload a recording of the raw audio (press R in DSD+) and the synthesized audio.

pdeveau2010

hi I fixed it, I was using vlc to launch the mp3 and the volume was all the way up on the playback on vlc, lowered it back down from 200 percent to 100 percent and ta da its back to normal.

thanks for everyones input

Paul

frazpo

dsd Frequency file

Seems easy enough but I cannot get the freq file to work. Dont I just enter the fields in the file as shown in the examples? Am I missing something?

frazpo

Con+, 123, 1, 1, 452.00000, 0.0, 1
Con+, 123, 1, 3, 453.00000, 0.0, 2
Con+, 123, 1, 5, 451.00000, 0.0, 3
NEXEDGE48, 233, 1, 2, 156.175, 0.0, 0
NEXEDGE48, 233, 1, 4, 154.765, 0.0, 0
NEXEDGE48, 233, 1, 1, 151.085, 0.0, 0

rrbum

Premium Subscriber
Seems easy enough but I cannot get the freq file to work. Dont I just enter the fields in the file as shown in the examples? Am I missing something?

Excuse my interruption, I have been wondering about this frequency file thing. I get no read out of frequencies on any of the systems I have been exploring. I also have no way of reading or editing the frequency file as it is unknown to my computer. You also speak of examples, please tell me where these examples are. I wish there was some kind of a detailed guide for this great program. I feel am missing out on so much because I don't understand how to use all features. Thanks.

jazzbassNick

Feed Provider
Excuse my interruption, I have been wondering about this frequency file thing. I get no read out of frequencies on any of the systems I have been exploring. I also have no way of reading or editing the frequency file as it is unknown to my computer. You also speak of examples, please tell me where these examples are. I wish there was some kind of a detailed guide for this great program. I feel am missing out on so much because I don't understand how to use all features. Thanks.

I use Notepad++, but it's just a .txt file with a different extension. Right-click and "Open with..." then choose Notepad.

The examples folks are referring to are in the file, as are instructions on how to configure.

HTH.

frazpo

The 3 "Con" entries are the examples in the file after the instructions. I erased them being I don't have the that protocol in my area.

Slicerwizard is correct. I had to have all four frequencies of the trunk system in that file for mine to work. That's another detail,,,It will not work on analog frequencies.

And unless I am missing something it will only work while sitting on the control channel.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
I downloaded DSD Plus 1.51 and running with FCDP+ and Virtual Audio Cable. Can not seem to get one peep of audio into DSD Plus. Am I missing something. Is there a fairly decent manual or source of information about how to hook up all this stuff on-line somewhere. Would love to listen to some of the NXDN trains here in Los Angeles. Any help appreciated.

Steve AA6IO (ham for only 52 years)

Status
Not open for further replies.