DSDPlus DSD+ and dPMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

schtefan

Good evening friends, who t was able to decode dPMR? I can't do it, I get the line "Sync: + dPMR VOICE" or ERROR. Tried on different frequencies and it does not work. What am I doing wrong?
Starting dsd+ .bat
Code:
DSDPlus -o1 -i2 -rc -v1 -g0 -u3 -ds64 -dd10 -dv20 -fa -wsl228.0 -wss90.200 -wel351.903 -wcl230.205

I see that window all the time and I don't hear a sound:cry:

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
dPMR is different than DMR and I don't believe very common in the US.

Copy and Paste from a search on dPMR:

Last week’s post on open digital radio standards reveals that the major difference between DMR and dPMR is the choice of multiple access scheme. DMR uses 2-slot TDMA to achieve two communication paths per 12.5kHz channel, whereas dPMR uses FDMA to divide the 12.5kHz channel in to two 6.25kHz sub-channels.

Therefore, the comparison of these two systems very much comes down to understanding the relative advantages and disadvantages of TDMA versus FDMA.

Reactions: RRR

schtefan

[QUOTE = "KE5MC, сообщение: 3240795, член: 2389"]
dPMR отличается от DMR, и я не думаю, что это очень распространено в США.

Скопируйте и вставьте из поиска в dPMR:

Сообщение на прошлой неделе об открытых стандартах цифрового радио показывает, что основное различие между DMR и dPMR заключается в выборе схемы множественного доступа. DMR использует TDMA с 2 слотами для достижения двух каналов связи на канал 12,5 кГц, тогда как dPMR использует FDMA для разделения канала 12,5 кГц на два подканала 6,25 кГц.

Поэтому сравнение этих двух систем в значительной степени сводится к пониманию относительных преимуществ и недостатков TDMA по сравнению с FDMA.
[/ QUOTE]

dPMR is common in Russia, but in America it is almost not used, I heard that. We use dPMR military forces

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
I was assuming you were in the US lacking Location: information in the left hand sidebar of your post. Any chance it is encrypted? I'm not sure if DSDPlus would flag encryption for dPMR if it can be encrypted.
Good Luck!

schtefan

[QUOTE = "SlicerWizard, сообщение: 3240869, участник: 1411"]
DSD + не декодирует голос dPMR.
[/ QUOTE]
there is a program for decoding dPMR?

racingfan360

>there is a program for decoding dPMR?
Not sure about software (was there ever one of the many variants of the original DSD that did dPMR?).

I think the Icom R30 is the cheapest scanner/receiver option, albeit it's not cheap. It will descramble 'encrypted' dPMR if you know the key (1 of 32k possibilities !!)

>I'm not sure if DSDPlus would flag encryption for dPMR if it can be encrypted.
The last time I used DSDPlus on encrypted dPMR, it did NOT flag it was encrypted (the signal was decoded/confirmed to be encrypted via an AOR DV1). I have seen no mention of this feature being added in DSDplus release notes so assume it still doesn't show it.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
I never really understood why "FDMA" would be desired. Seems adjacent channel interference would be about as bad as you could possibly get, I have always known to separate frequencies as much as possible, not split the freq and talk on both halves at the same time (Unless TDMA)

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Ha, that's kinda like folks saying "Narrowbanding improves range" :rolleyes:

racingfan360

I stand ready to be corrected but thought sdrangel uses a dsd plugin, so assumed it would lack the vecoder to decode dpmr voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.