DSD and DV3000

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbwoodw

I have a Banana Pi with Raspberryian OS – I compiled DSD – inputting discriminator output into a iMIC connected to the PI and outputting using the PI’s audio output. The audio is very choppy – only getting a syllable here and there but it is decoding DSTAR, NXDN and DMR audio.

I think the PI is just not powerful enough – has anyone interfaced a external DV3000 with ambeserver to offload the decoding?

NW Digital Radio » DV3000 – AMBEServer

Thanks in advance,

Don Woodward
KD4APP

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I have the USB3000, basically a USB dongle from DVSI. I was able to modify dsd to use it. One difference between the mbelib and using the 3000 chip is the mbelib does not do the interleave while the 3000 does. So a different interleave is needed in the dsd code.

I needed to get a version with the P25 codec to do P25 Phase 1. It works great on DMR, NXDN, and D*.

73 Eric

dbwoodw

Eric:

I believe I've decided to purchase a USB3000 with the P25 capability - are you using your USB300 with a PI or Windows?

Would you be willing to share your code?

Thanks,

Don Woodward
KD4APP

k7ve

DV3000 USB

Watch NW Digital Radio next week for an announcement.

BTW, the DV3000 (GPIO) isn't working with the Banana Pi, however the USB version appears to work just fine.

k7ve

New Option for AMBE Decoding

See NW Digital Radio » ThumbDV Ordering Now Open

I have a Banana Pi with Raspberryian OS – I compiled DSD – inputting discriminator output into a iMIC connected to the PI and outputting using the PI’s audio output. The audio is very choppy – only getting a syllable here and there but it is decoding DSTAR, NXDN and DMR audio.

I think the PI is just not powerful enough – has anyone interfaced a external DV3000 with ambeserver to offload the decoding?

NW Digital Radio » DV3000 – AMBEServer

Thanks in advance,

Don Woodward
KD4APP

k7ve

DSD and DV3000 or ThumbDV

Watch NW Digital Radio next week for an announcement.

BTW, the DV3000 (GPIO) isn't working with the Banana Pi, however the USB version appears to work just fine.

However, it does work with the Odroid C1 which is considerably more powerful than the Raspberry Pi (Roughly 6x) for the same price and the GPIO pins work with the DV3000 on /dev/ttyS2

The ThumbDV (USB version of DV3000) is now available.

clemfm

Why is there so little discussion on the DV3000, or USB3000?

It appears that offloading the decoding to a dedicated device, is likely the best way to achieve a very small Pi based kit etc

Status
Not open for further replies.