DSDPlus DSD+ and SDRplay duo

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzboypro

Premium Subscriber
Hello all,

I just received my SDRplay duo last Friday and i installed their SDRuno software. So far it works great on analog signals. I spoke to a SDRplay representative and he told me that in order to listen to digital communication i need to install DSD+. I installed it today but it appears to be somewhat complicated to use.

Does SDRuno and DSD+ suppose to "talk" to each other ? i don't understand how to send the received signal from the SDRplay to DSD+. As per their instructions, i have extracted the DSD+ files and DLL files in a folder. Whwn i launch the executable with no parameters the input source is my laptop microphone. Is there a comprehensive tutorial somewhere ?

Thanks

Arkmood

Is there a comprehensive tutorial somewhere ?

Thanks
It is a bit complex for a new user, they "talk" thru VB Audio Virtual Cable (software), correct audio inputs/outputs are also needed, and all filters In SDRplay need to be turned off, there should be some decent youtube videos to guide you - Post back if you run into problems...

sadatoni

Premium Subscriber
I created a bat file to start DSDPlus for use with SDRUno and DMR:
dsdplus -v2 -O NUL -I0 -i4 -o1 -g0 -u3 -dr0 -dh0 -ds64 -dd10 -dv20 -M15 -fr

Note the -i and -o options... they match up with:

audio input device #1 = 'Microphone (2- USB Audio Device'
audio input device #2 = 'Capture Input terminal (AC Inte'
audio input device #3 = 'Microphone (DroidCam Virtual Au'
audio input device #4 = 'CABLE Output (VB-Audio Virtual ' <-----

audio output device #1 = 'Speakers (Realtek High Definiti', <------
audio output device #2 = 'Speakers (2- USB Audio Device)'
audio output device #3 = 'CABLE Input (VB-Audio Virtual C'

I use VB Audio Virtual cable to route from sdruno to dsdplus (you can see that in the lines above, and the setting in sdruno):

1597594073669.png

Also, you have to be in IF Mode LIF. It doesn't seem to work for me in ZIF.

It's not perfect. I'm listening to a conversation now (via a hotspot) where I only hear one half of the conversation (though my DMR transceiver hears both sides of it), getting data errors ERR1's and ERR3's.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I created a bat file to start DSDPlus for use with SDRUno and DMR:
dsdplus -v2 -O NUL -I0 -i4 -o1 -g0 -u3 -dr0 -dh0 -ds64 -dd10 -dv20 -M15 -fr

Note the -i and -o options... they match up with:

audio input device #1 = 'Microphone (2- USB Audio Device'
audio input device #2 = 'Capture Input terminal (AC Inte'
audio input device #3 = 'Microphone (DroidCam Virtual Au'
audio input device #4 = 'CABLE Output (VB-Audio Virtual ' <-----

audio output device #1 = 'Speakers (Realtek High Definiti', <------
audio output device #2 = 'Speakers (2- USB Audio Device)'
audio output device #3 = 'CABLE Input (VB-Audio Virtual C'

I use VB Audio Virtual cable to route from sdruno to dsdplus (you can see that in the lines above, and the setting in sdruno):

View attachment 89963

Also, you have to be in IF Mode LIF. It doesn't seem to work for me in ZIF.

It's not perfect. I'm listening to a conversation now (via a hotspot) where I only hear one half of the conversation (though my DMR transceiver hears both sides of it), getting data errors ERR1's and ERR3's.

I haven't played with SDRUno in three years. But when I did, I had to make sure De-emphasis was not selected.

- Help with DSD+ and SDRuno

And you may want/need to set it to DIGITAL rather than FM.

And you'll want to make sure you are using the right bandwidth filter for the job. Too narrow and you won't capture enough signal. Too wide and you might not get a good decode because of extraneous noise. If you read (and listen) to the video posted by another person earlier, the video creator indicates that it should be FM, 15 khz filter, DEEM off. Not sure if those are best settings or not.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.