DSD+ and Win10

Status
Not open for further replies.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I'm thinking of getting a new laptop which will have Win10. I currently have DSD+ set up on my ASUS with Windows 8.1 and it works fine. This isn't my primary SDR computer, that's an older HP with Win7 and works quite well.

Have there been any issues setting up Win10 to work with DSD+, FMP, or the dongles? I'll be using two R820T2 dongles for the radios.

I've searched through the forums, but other than an audio problem that one person had, I didn't find anything.

Thanks.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I have SDR# and R820T2 dongles running just fine under Win10, so the hardware and drivers are OK.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Thanks to everyone. I don't know exactly when I'm going to buy this. I'm waiting for those holiday season great deals to appear. ;)

garys

Premium Subscriber
This turned out to be ridiculously easy. I merely copied my "DSDPlus" directory onto a thumb drive then pasted it to the new computer. The only thing I ended up doing, and I'm not sure if it's related, was retuning one of the R820T2 dongles. Other than that, it was easy.

I also downloaded and installed the latest version of SDR#. That installed perfectly and I just had to do a bit of adjusting to get one of the dongles to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.