DSD assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

garyalpha

HI AS A NEWBIE TO DSD IVE SET UP SDR SHARP and am trying to use dsdplus 1.05 ive got the audio spectrum and the relevent pop up screens but doe anyone know if you have to enter a command prompt for this .as i say just new to this any help appreciated. i just downloaded and extracted dsd1.05 .does anythng else need to be done ? tnx and best wishes gary

smw87110

When you say relevant pop up screens what screens do you mean? Are you talking about the DSD event log and audio input? How are you routing the audio from SDR# to DSD? And what type of system are you trying to monitor?

garyalpha

dsd

When you say relevant pop up screens what screens do you mean? Are you talking about the DSD event log and audio input? How are you routing the audio from SDR# to DSD? And what type of system are you trying to monitor?

hi yes tnx for reply dsd event log and audio input im using vb cable from sdrsharp to dsd do I need to type in a command prompt? as ive seen this on utube with dsd1.7 sry for delay in replying .as I said im new to this also trying to decode dstar mtrbo tnx gary

garyalpha

rtlsdr

hi tnx for ur help its just that when I see people using dsdplus on utube they would have the command screen scrolling as they use the sdr . I don't know how this is done with dsd1.5. tnx for acknowledgement

smw87110

I'm not certain about DSD 1.05, but every version of DSD I've used has opened a command prompt window on it's own. But if you're using vb cable to input the audio into DSD, you probably should start it from the command prompt as you need to specify the input device (your vb cable). If you open a command prompt and type dsdplus it should show a numbered list with your available input devices. Find the number that corresponds to the VB Cable you are using in SDR#, and then specify that input. For example, if your VB cable is listed as input device 2, you would type "dsdplus -i2". Does that make sense?

Once you know this, instead of typing it every time, you can make a .bat file that runs when you click on it that specifies the input.

garyalpha

dsd

hi yes tnx for ur time ill try that am having big problems running sdruno and rsp 2 on windows 10 . had it up and running ok but it went screwy . when I try to open sdr uno I get amessage saying error check cable or device driver am using sdr uno and rsp2 on another computer and using windows 8.1 and all is fine . don't know how to revert the other computer back to w8.1 or id do it , because its headwrecking ha ha sorry for delay in reply . tnx v much gary

garyalpha

re sdr uno etc

hi and tnx for ur time ive managed to get sdr uno working with rsp2 on windows 10 system. re dsd plus the command prompt on dsdplus wont let me type in any commands with the windows command prompt it says not recognised . I have a yaesu vr 5000 wich has an if out jack im wondering if I connect this to the pc and open up dsd plus and connect an rs232 to pc from the radio if out to hphones in . maybe ill try that .any thoughts on this ? tnx again for reply. also sdr sharp has no audio now don't know what happened . had it working a while ago with dsd1.5 and no problems the screen was scrolling thru and it was definitely working tnx again gary

smw87110

You have to open your own command prompt through the start menu, navigate to your DSDPlus directory, then type in what I said above.

garyalpha

hi tnx again for that I'm gonna try that on sdruno the dsdplus cmd prompt won t let me type anything into it also when I run sdr sharp with dsd plus . in order for sdr sharp to produce audio I have to have windows sound in the audio where I would normally have vb cable listed . when this is changed, to vb cable theres no audio from sdr sharp but the spectrum screen on dsd works I had it working a while back trial and error I suppose tvm for advice .gary

smw87110

yes DSD+ needs the audio to decode it which is why you need vbcable. You won't hear any audio from SDR# because it is being sent to DSD. DSD should receive the audio, decode it, and output only voice calls to your speakers. Just as you can choose the input audio device for DSD+ with -i in the command prompt, you can change the output audio device with -o.

garyalpha

hi yes tnx again for the help will keep u posted I have a vr5000 yaesu receiver with if out option .don't know if I hook that up to a pc will it decode digital audio ? anyways tnx again gary

smw87110

From what I can tell, the Yaesu VR5000 does not have a discriminator output. The REC out may work for this, but I wouldn't put my money on it.

garyalpha

yaesuvr5000and dsd

hi tnx again for all the info .I don't think theres much digital activity where I'm located. dstar is non existant .don't know anyway will keep trying tnx a lot gary

garyalpha

dsd

hi yes and tnx again sry for long delay I have dsd1.5 working with sdr sharp a lot of data sigs and the odd voice wich is hard to make out .but ill tune around great that its working is there a way to decode these data sigs ? tnx v much for ur time had a bit of bother with sdr uno but its sorted the voice is pmr gary

smw87110

I need DSD+ to decode your last message.

If you're getting a bunch of data signals, at least in the DMR system near me, most of them are followed by IDLE, which means there's nothing to decode.

garyalpha

hi yes that's right im getting the idle msge iv also managed to decode some voice . I was having trouble but solved this when I turned up the rf gain!! must try harder ha ha . as to what im trying to decode its dstar which isn't very active in Ireland but im getting sigs on the relevant freqs very new to this so yuoll excuse the probably stupid question do you need to be hooked to the internet while trying to receive d-star . please excuse my ignorance and tnx for the help best regards gary

Status
Not open for further replies.