DSD+ Audio recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

LubeckTech

Premium Subscriber
What is the best way to record decoded audio from DSD+.
I don't see a way the DSD+ program will do that like FreeScan does with Uniden scanners.
Can someone suggest an application that will make preferably an MP3 only when there is decoded audio present on the DSD+ audio output line?

racingfan360

Check out the dsd+ help file - it will explain how to write decoded audio to a file.

I'm not sure if this is only only available in the fastlane versions, but you can get DSD+ to write an mp3 or wav file on a per decoded audio instance.

My bat file - which lives in the same directory as the DSDPlus.exe - looks something like this:

For /f "tokens=1-4 delims=/ " %%a in ('date /t') do (set date=%%a%%b%%c)
DSDPlus -Pwav¦ -t -O C:\dsd\audio\dsd_%date%.wav >>C:\dsd\logs\dsd_%date%dsdlog.txt

You launch the DSDPlus.exe by launching this bat file. It writes a per instance wav file, with a time/date stamp and a log file with the same info. You'll need to adjust for your own directory structure.

slicerwizard

Can someone suggest an application that will make preferably an MP3 only when there is decoded audio present on the DSD+ audio output line?
Hm, that application would be DSD+? By default, it creates a single continuous recording (DSDPlus.wav) of all decoded audio. You can make it create an MP3 file if you prefer.

Or if you want separate files for each transmission, -P<wav|mp3> Also create per-call wav or mp3 files

It's all in the help file.

socialbandwidth

Premium Subscriber
Check out the dsd+ help file - it will explain how to write decoded audio to a file.

I'm not sure if this is only only available in the fastlane versions, but you can get DSD+ to write an mp3 or wav file on a per decoded audio instance.

My bat file - which lives in the same directory as the DSDPlus.exe - looks something like this:

For /f "tokens=1-4 delims=/ " %%a in ('date /t') do (set date=%%a%%b%%c)
DSDPlus -Pwav¦ -t -O C:\dsd\audio\dsd_%date%.wav >>C:\dsd\logs\dsd_%date%dsdlog.txt

You launch the DSDPlus.exe by launching this bat file. It writes a per instance wav file, with a time/date stamp and a log file with the same info. You'll need to adjust for your own directory structure.

Thanks jhampton2000, I just came across this via a Google Search and it has kickstarted my DSDPlus bliss. FWIW I am on FastLane 2.39

moonbounce

You didn't say which version you are using, I use VLC, it records everything into a file in DSD and there is no dead air, records only when there is audio:)..

Status
Not open for further replies.