DSD+ Can't Lock To Signal More Than 5 Seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiawase9983

Hi,

I am trying put the DSD+ to decode Mototrbo/DMR signals. I have my own radio in which I programmed it to transmit to ALL(Group ID 16777215(should not matter anyway?)).

I have successfully decoded all voices that comes from the radio. However, I can't seem to make it lasts longer than 5 seconds. I've tried various settings but still could not do it.
Upon inspecting the SDR#, there is still indeed signal. After 5 seconds, the DSD+ would say No Sync sometimes or will say some +DSD or -DSD errors.
Already tried on different sample rate for the SDR, no luck as well.

On the radio, the TOT was set to 495 seconds for good measure.

Wondering if anybody here have any clue about this.

Here is the raw recording: https://purgatory.alicerobotics.me/index.php/s/1zz8jg6HUnCccEV

Here are a couple of screenshots to go with it.

cqLO4N0.png
hOeFYCS.png
6z5pxzR.png
lTdQ3kd.png

timnboys

Use Fmp.exe instead of sdr#

Please Use Fmp.exe instead of sdr#
I used to have that issue too until I decided to cut the middleman(sdr#) and use fmp.exe and dsdplus.exe together instead and it actually works now and I don't have to worry about the setup with sdr# because I couldn't ever get it to work with sdr# anyway.

a417

that's a SUPER HOT signal you have going in there...front end overload might be your issue. My guess there is you're +20 to +30??

Last edited:

shiawase9983

that's a SUPER HOT signal you have going in there...front end overload might be your issue. My guess there is you're +20 to +30??

It was on Tuner's AGC. I wonder what was FMP's default config.

Please Use Fmp.exe instead of sdr#
I used to have that issue too until I decided to cut the middleman(sdr#) and use fmp.exe and dsdplus.exe together instead and it actually works now and I don't have to worry about the setup with sdr# because I couldn't ever get it to work with sdr# anyway.

Thank you so much guys. Using FMP.exe solved my problem. I was a bit confused on how to use it at first.
Now it could lock on to the signal without problems.
Z3TA3lF.png

moonbounce

Did you try adjusting the PPM. What I would do is change you stepping to 500 Khz and see how close the the actual signal you are then adjust the PPM.

timnboys

It was on Tuner's AGC. I wonder what was FMP's default config.

Thank you so much guys. Using FMP.exe solved my problem. I was a bit confused on how to use it at first.
Now it could lock on to the signal without problems.
Z3TA3lF.png

Glad you have no issues anymore
and glad I was able to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.