DSD-CC lost signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I was working on decoding a NXDN network in Daphne, AL this morning. I had DSDplus.frequencies set up with the information and was receiving the control channel data. I was seeing all of the information in the CC console window. Everything was working correctly, except DSD-VC wasn't decoding the data and providing voice.

I made a couple of adjustments to the DSDplus.frequencies files and everything started working correctly except that FMP24-CC need a little bit of frequency correction.

Suddenly everything stopped working. FMP24-CC is receiving, it's passing signal to DSD-CC. I know that because the DSD-CC source audio is showing good signal. DSD-CC itself is doing nothing. There is no indication that it is seeing the signal from FMP24-CC, although I know it's there.

I tested this all by using SDR# and feeding signal to DSDPlus via VB Cable. Using that, I see control channel data perfectly, but when I closed that down and went back to FMP24 as the signal source, nothing worked.

I can even use SDR# as the source feeding into DSD-CC and see the correct information.

Whatever I do, I can't seem to get FMP24-CC to send data to DSD_CC. Or rather, I can't get DSD-CC to see any data from FMP24-CC.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas.

adcockfred

I ran across this. So I started like you say a ppm correction mostly negative in increments of 2. Then could escape and surf with side buttons to center on freq. had to endure this for sometime until the system finalized. We had 5 tower arrangement which everyone knew wouldn't work correctly but non simulcast. So in the end they pulled the middle tower increased the range. Then went to simulcast on the 4 quardrant towers.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I've made some progress. I have the system working using SDR# to feed signal to CC.bat. I'm using VB cable instead of TCP of course.

FMP24-VC is working fine with CC.bat sending the correct data.

I'm still trying to figure out why FMP24 won't send data to CC.bat.

cg

Premium Subscriber
You should post your batch files as it is likely the issue lies there.

chris

adcockfred

Like I was saying after they finalize the transition of separating the tier 3 signal off the central tower and took it to the longer range and simulcast. It was not simulcast before and neither were the 4 outlying tier 3 towers. Now I yagi up east or west not south and fmp-24 came back to me. It is probably their temporary routing. Something is down somewhere and they are patching.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I've looked over them, but maybe fresh eyes will see something I'm missing.

FMP24 -i1 -o20001 -P50.6 -f453.325 -rc

DSDPlus -rc -i20001 -o0 -v3 -wsl400.2 -wss100.200 -wel0.1 -wcl0.445 -wes400.520 >>CC.log
f
Everything seems okay and this works fine with SDR# with the only change being -i3 for VB Cable instead of i20001.

It's possible I guess that I did something to corrupt a file when was I trying to sort everything out with the voice channels. Unlikely, but possible. When I get back home, I'll have all of the DSDPlus zip files and reload 1.01 and then go from there.

Thanks.

Gary

You should post your batch files as it is likely the issue lies there.

chris

D

DaveNF2G

I have a P25 system where the same sort of thing seems to happen. It looks like FMP24 is not sending commands to DSD+, or else DSD+ is simply ignoring the input. It comes and goes while monitoring.

garys

Premium Subscriber
That's a good description of what's going on. I've never experienced this on any of the systems near home. I might plug in the Mobile, AL EDACS system and see if that works at all.

Other than this glitch, DSDPlus is doing a great job on the NXDN trunk system used by a few cities down here.

I have a P25 system where the same sort of thing seems to happen. It looks like FMP24 is not sending commands to DSD+, or else DSD+ is simply ignoring the input. It comes and goes while monitoring.

garys

Premium Subscriber
That's there so that the windows go more or less where I want them. I've tried several restarts to no avail. I even deleted and recopied the DSDPlus and FMP24 executables. When I get home, I'll reinstall from scratch. For now SDR# is doing well filling in for FMP-CC.

FYI, all of the bolded text is unnecessary.

Pretty sure I've run into the situation you describe. I just shut down and restart CC FMP24 and CC DSD+.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I didn't realize that. Is that a feature of the latest release? The notes for which I still haven't had time to read.

But these days, DSD+ remembers where you put the windows and what size you made them.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Thank you. Do you have any thoughts on my original problem? As of this morning, DSDPlus won't work using SDR# as the input.

If it matters, I'm using a new Acer Spin 5 running Win10. I had this set up running at home on a 900 Mhz MotroTrbo network with no issues. When I get home, I'm going to try it on that again before I start reinstalling.

It is a weird and annoying issue.

Settings are stored in DSDPlus.bin. Added in DSD+ 2.18.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I have a half formed idea that the CFL bulbs in my hotel room might be causing interference. The DSD-VC wave form doesn't look like anything that I've seen with NXDN or DMR. Hopefully, once I get home it will start working again and the dongles aren't dead.

I'll be in a different hotel tomorrow, but it's in a different city so I might not get a chance to try anything out.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I tried my set up out when I got back home and it was still not working properly. It was at least sending signal to DSD-CC, but it was not showing the correct information on screen.

I ended up reinstalling from scratch and it works fine now. I'm still not sure what went on, but in the future, I'll avoid CFL lamps.

Status
Not open for further replies.