DSDPlus DSD+ Changing Simulcast sites automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

n0gps

Hi
Just inching my way along learning the DSD Fastlane.

My Question is where I live here in San Diego we have a bunch of Simulcast Sites on the NEXTGEN RCS SYSTEM
is there a feature where as you are moving ( driving ) through different areas or terrain or get out of reach of a simulcast site since the software knows what site you are on and automatically moves to a simulcast site with a better signal ?
And
If this software can do this is there a way to set a level so when the signal gets iffy it looks for a stronger simulcast site ?

Kinda Like Roaming .......

Sorry for my Ignorance

Howard

Phillipsc84

Premium Subscriber
Are you asking about the various repeater sites WITHIN the simulcast network or from one simulcast network to another?

If you mean within the network then this is already SORT OF done. For simulcast "networks" all repeater sites are on the same "site" and therefor there is nothing for the receiver to switch between. It just picks up the strongest signal from the closest tower sites.

IF you mean from one simulcast network to the next (like in a statewide system) then when it loses a control channel it SHOULD stat searching. But there are not metrics with which it uses to determine when to scan. It just looks when it can no longer "hear" a control channel.

Hope this helps.

wgbecks

Simulcast means just that. A simulcast system or area within a larger wide area system will have two or more sites that have identical
control channels and voice/data trunk channels that are precisely timed (synchronized) that the subscriber unit (SU) should always
receive a good quality signal throughout the engineered coverage area. Just program the posted control channels and forget it.

Status
Not open for further replies.