DSD + Cheap Radio = nice audio+alpha tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

nasadave

I just thought I would say that I am very pleased with DSD. My area has 3 - P25 freqs that I missed monitoring with my analog only scanners.

My radio I am using (ICOM Q7A), which I don't have any sort of computer interface to what freq is on so I couldn't do alpha tags, so....

I have downloaded the source and added a tweak. It looks at the source field, which the first 3 char seem to be the NAC. In my area, the 3 departments I monitor have different NACs, so I just made DSD map them. This translates 2190400 or whatever to "City Dispatch", etc. Lastly, I run DSD in cygwin and so I made DSD update the terminal title with the newly mapped Alpha Tag.

End result, OddCast can read the title of that window and add alpha tags.

I was curious, anyone else out there doing something like this and wanna share ideas? Right now these changes are sorta hard coded, but with some time I could make it just read a config file to do the mapping. Anyone out there interested in something like that?

mk262

Premium Subscriber
I am very interested in this. I use streamtastic to record the audio and split the files based on the id3 (alpha tag) info. It works very well. Each morning, few days, whatever, I go back in and look for unknown talkgroups. I review them, add back into the scanner, rinse lather repeat.

Right now I use my pro-197 for this but I'm going to add a DSD setup very soon.

nasadave

I have attached a screenshot of it in action. The window title shows enough with delimeters that you can pick whatever you want out for Oddcast

Attachments

• dsd_tags.png
    dsd_tags.png
    31.5 KB · Views: 1,219

nasadave

Sure. The binaries would be rather useless to anyone but me in it's current form as I hard-coded the tags (I only had 6 and was quick/easy at the time). Here is the snippet:

file: p25_lcw.c

Line: 10 insert:
char custom_txt[255];

Line: 152, the if block for p25 talk groups being enabled. (you need to make sure you enable them when launching dsd)

if (opts->p25tg == 1)
{
// clear the previous data
strcpy(custom_txt, "");

// Set the custom text to whatever you want to match, either a range or a specific unit.
if ((source>=2180000) && (source<2190000)) strcpy(custom_txt,"County");
if ((source>=2190000) && (source<2200000)) strcpy(custom_txt,"Cullman City");
if ((source>=2200000) && (source<2210000)) strcpy(custom_txt,"Hanceville");
if (source==2180400) strcpy(custom_txt,"County Dispatch");
if (source==2190400) strcpy(custom_txt,"Cullman City Dispatch");
if (source==2200107) strcpy(custom_txt,"Hanceville Dispatch");

// Change window title to talkgroup / src data
printf ("%c]0;src: %li emr: %c tag:%s %c", '\033', source, lcinfo[0], custom_txt, '\007');

// This is original that outputs it to stdout
printf ("src: %li emr: %c\n", source, lcinfo[0]);
}

Status
Not open for further replies.