DSD + Cheap Radio = nice audio+alpha tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

nasadave

Feed Provider
I just thought I would say that I am very pleased with DSD. My area has 3 - P25 freqs that I missed monitoring with my analog only scanners.

My radio I am using (ICOM Q7A), which I don't have any sort of computer interface to what freq is on so I couldn't do alpha tags, so....

I have downloaded the source and added a tweak. It looks at the source field, which the first 3 char seem to be the NAC. In my area, the 3 departments I monitor have different NACs, so I just made DSD map them. This translates 2190400 or whatever to "City Dispatch", etc. Lastly, I run DSD in cygwin and so I made DSD update the terminal title with the newly mapped Alpha Tag.

End result, OddCast can read the title of that window and add alpha tags.

I was curious, anyone else out there doing something like this and wanna share ideas? Right now these changes are sorta hard coded, but with some time I could make it just read a config file to do the mapping. Anyone out there interested in something like that?

mk262

Premium Subscriber
I am very interested in this. I use streamtastic to record the audio and split the files based on the id3 (alpha tag) info. It works very well. Each morning, few days, whatever, I go back in and look for unknown talkgroups. I review them, add back into the scanner, rinse lather repeat.

Right now I use my pro-197 for this but I'm going to add a DSD setup very soon.

nasadave

Feed Provider
I have attached a screenshot of it in action. The window title shows enough with delimeters that you can pick whatever you want out for Oddcast

Attachments

nasadave

Feed Provider
Sure. The binaries would be rather useless to anyone but me in it's current form as I hard-coded the tags (I only had 6 and was quick/easy at the time). Here is the snippet:

file: p25_lcw.c

Line: 10 insert:
char custom_txt[255];

Line: 152, the if block for p25 talk groups being enabled. (you need to make sure you enable them when launching dsd)

if (opts->p25tg == 1)
{
// clear the previous data
strcpy(custom_txt, "");

// Set the custom text to whatever you want to match, either a range or a specific unit.
if ((source>=2180000) && (source<2190000)) strcpy(custom_txt,"County");
if ((source>=2190000) && (source<2200000)) strcpy(custom_txt,"Cullman City");
if ((source>=2200000) && (source<2210000)) strcpy(custom_txt,"Hanceville");
if (source==2180400) strcpy(custom_txt,"County Dispatch");
if (source==2190400) strcpy(custom_txt,"Cullman City Dispatch");
if (source==2200107) strcpy(custom_txt,"Hanceville Dispatch");

// Change window title to talkgroup / src data
printf ("%c]0;src: %li emr: %c tag:%s %c", '\033', source, lcinfo[0], custom_txt, '\007');

// This is original that outputs it to stdout
printf ("src: %li emr: %c\n", source, lcinfo[0]);
}

Status
Not open for further replies.