DSD+ CON+ Map creation

Status
Not open for further replies.

EarHoles

was monitoring a CON+ site i have not monitored for a long time and AAACapture.JPG

it created a file which has the whole networks frequencies and sites mapped out.
I had already had done so but curious if this is a New feature with the latest update or if i have done something to trigger or was a Network broadcast?
DSD+ FL never ceases to amaze

ATCTech

Not new at all actually. From the NOTES.TXT file included in your DSD+ download:

Handling of Con+ repeater map broadcasts has been automated;
DSD+ will tune VC FMPA/FMP24 to a traffic channel that is broadcasting a repeater map.
Repeater maps broadcast on the control channel carrier (on slot 2) are handled by CC DSD+.
Repeater maps are written to text files.
The file name format is "ConP <NID> Network Repeater Map v<mapVersion>.txt"

Cheers!

EarHoles

ahh i see,
I guess this site broadcasts the repeater map and i just have missed it as very rarely monitor it.
EDIT: DSD+ 2.71 feature was added.

Would explain why it has a slot locked out as i assume thats the slot which broadcasted the repeater map

ATCTech

Maps are generally only broadcast when network changes have been made - frequency changes, site numbering or additions etc. They're typically very infrequent sightings but it's great that DSD+ grabs them. V2.71 goes back almost 3 years now.

Last edited:

EarHoles

one other site is broadcasting the Mapping but DSD+ is just stuck in a loop downloading the blocks and saving the file.
Any ideas"?

sssCapture.JPG

ATCTech

It's not stuck in a loop. The system you're watching is continuously broadcasting the map but DSD+ shouldn't be saving hundreds of copies of it.

EarHoles

Latest version 1R.

It only this site have this problem.
Unable to listen to any groups either as its just stuck doing this.

The other site broadcasting DSD+ just download map once and moved on

EarHoles

So if anyone else has this problem in the future,
Simply restart your PC and load another site before loading the problem site.
Been meaning to reply for awhile now.

Mootly

was monitoring a CON+ site i have not monitored for a long time and View attachment 93782

it created a file which has the whole networks frequencies and sites mapped out.
I had already had done so but curious if this is a New feature with the latest update or if i have done something to trigger or was a Network broadcast?
DSD+ FL never ceases to amaze
Hi, EarHoles. I am a very new user of DSDPlus Fastlane and I am busy trying to map out all of the digital systems in my area. I encountered one that, after some digging, shows as a Con+ system. I found the frequencies assigned to the operator but I have no idea how to build a .frequencies file that will work. There is a reference to "Site Loader" in the forum but so far I haven't been able to find such a thing. You make reference to the system creating a file complete with frequencies.
My question to you is, how have you configured the scanner? Are you using the 1R template to scan with a single RTL dongle or are you using the CC/VC combination. I would greatly appreciate hearing about your configuration so that I can try to duplicate it for this system.
Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.