DSD+ decode

Status
Not open for further replies.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Ok I tried DSD+ on my problematic UAL at KLAS system here, DSD+ decodes it fine!! Now how to determine what kind of DMR it is?? Where does that show on the dsd+ text scroll? All my .bat files for DSD did nothing for this system, I was wondering if I missed a setup option key on the old DSD.

racingfan360

I think DSD+ will only tell you if it's simplex or base transmit and not DMR type. Try DMRDecode for that.

cg

Premium Subscriber
I thought at the beginning of each transmission there is a line that IDs the type.
-DMR (Mototrbo)
-NXDN
P25

chris

racingfan360

Ok I thought the question was about DMR type (Conventional, Trunked, Capacity Plus, Connect Plus etc etc).

Obviously DSD+ decodes several types of digital modulation: DMR, NXDN, P25 etc

737mech

Premium Subscriber
if that's true then the system is -dmr (inverted mototrbo) and I can say dsd+ does a better job on it for that system.

I guess I'll just use ded+ when I want to listen to that system.

racingfan360

Ok -dmr and +dmr are nothing to do with the system you are listening to. They are a function of the receiver setup you have. I can use one scanner to decode as -dmr and a different scanner to decode the same TRBO radio system as +dmr. DSD+ automatically detects polarity.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Yes you are correct. DSD+ is doing just that and I am seeing -DMR for this system. So there it is a -DMR system and decoded better on dsd+. Anybody else here head spinning + - etc.

br0adband

I gave up caring about the small details: all that matters is when you hit Play and DSD+ is decoding, you hear (hopefully legible) communications, and that's all that matters, right? :D

737mech

Premium Subscriber
I gave up caring about the small details: all that matters is when you hit Play and DSD+ is decoding, you hear (hopefully legible) communications, and that's all that matters, right? :D

Exactly!! There are so many flavors of DMR and so many different things happening on the dsd text scroll. It seems maybe by now we could get at least a foot print or format idea to make it easy to id the difference between a capacity plus or simple inverted mototrbo or phase 1 or 2 P25. I have no NXDN in this area but also the foot print would be good to see that on youtube. I have a cap plus system, it scrolls bursts five or six lines of text while not in use then the text fills up when someone is talking. Then back to bursts. This is what I'm talking about, examples of scrolls for different systems would be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.