DSD+ Decoding the Following NAC:677 TSDU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hello Everyone....

I am decoding Miami Dade Site 102 and found the control channel. I am getting the decode to read NAC:677 TSDU. I was told that "TSDU" shouldnt be there or is some type of Computer signal being delivered to the PD units. What does "TSDU" mean? How do I hear the Control Channel?

I am unable to hear the Decoding. Right now my audio for the BAT files are the following:

P25 Bat set to the following...
dsdplus.exe -i1 -o3 -f1

FMP Bat set to the following...
FMP.exe 3 1 0.0 852.78750

Attached is a screen shot of what Im seeing.

What else do I need to do to make it work?

Attachments

• P25 TSDU Meaning.jpg
    P25 TSDU Meaning.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 1,221

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
It looks like you're on a control channel vs a voice channel.

You will not hear audio on off a control channel. For the rest I can't help you I'm afraid. FMP is beyond me and I just use SDR#

Make sure your SDR# audio settings are correct and your DSDPlus audio settings are correct just as a check off to look at. Lots of times its having the wrong input/output somewhere.

I did it to myself the other night too. Wasn't getting audio and couldn't figure out why. Stood there cussing the thing for half an hour before I noticed on one of the restarts of the program that I'd lost an audio device which meant my selections of 4/5 were no longer valid.

Hence no voice coming out any longer. LOL

Changed selections and back in business.

SCPD

QRT
It looks like you're on a control channel vs a voice channel.

You will not hear audio on off a control channel. For the rest I can't help you I'm afraid. FMP is beyond me and I just use SDR#

Make sure your SDR# audio settings are correct and your DSDPlus audio settings are correct just as a check off to look at. Lots of times its having the wrong input/output somewhere.

I did it to myself the other night too. Wasn't getting audio and couldn't figure out why. Stood there cussing the thing for half an hour before I noticed on one of the restarts of the program that I'd lost an audio device which meant my selections of 4/5 were no longer valid.

Hence no voice coming out any longer. LOL

Changed selections and back in business.

Does that mean I will be needing to upgrade to the Fast Lane program version 1.08 in order for me to trunk that CC on P25?

I dont know if the latest version of DSD+ is able to trunk.

SCPD

QRT
Also in the screen shot You have not set the PPM for your dongle.

I left the PPM to 0 as SDR Sharp shows the weather freq to be right on. Ill check SDR again to see if I need to change it.

ok....I Rechecked it SDR Sharp PPM on the weather freq is centered on 1. On FMP I moved it to 2.5 as that is now centered on the Gray Area.

Last edited:

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Does that mean I will be needing to upgrade to the Fast Lane program version 1.08 in order for me to trunk that CC on P25?

I don't know if the latest version of DSD+ is able to trunk.

I was just told the new Fast Lane version does do trunk tracking of P25 so I am wrong. DSDPlus now does do it. Don't know if that is P1 or P2 but it does it.

I have no idea how it does it but it does.

You may need two dongles with one on the CC and the other to auto move to voice channels but I am not sure on that.

I believe I saw something where for NXEdge and DMR trunk tracking the two dongle system was needed much like Unitrunker's trunk tracking.

RonnieUSA

I left the PPM to 0 as SDR Sharp shows the weather freq to be right on. Ill check SDR again to see if I need to change it.

If the PPM were set correct the green rise in your screen shot would be centered with the darker gray box, but it's to the left of where it need s to be.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    62.1 KB · Views: 883
Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
If the PPM were set correct the green rise in your screen shot would be centered with the darker gray box, but it's to the left of where it need s to be.

Thanks Ronnie....here is the updated PPM to 2.5...

Attachments

• Updated PPM in FMP.png
    Updated PPM in FMP.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 951

SCPD

QRT
I was just told the new Fast Lane version does do trunk tracking of P25 so I am wrong. DSDPlus now does do it. Don't know if that is P1 or P2 but it does it.

I have no idea how it does it but it does.

You may need two dongles with one on the CC and the other to auto move to voice channels but I am not sure on that.

I believe I saw something where for NXEdge and DMR trunk tracking the two dongle system was needed much like Unitrunker's trunk tracking.

Thanks Ghstwolf.....Ill go ahead and pay the $25 now to DSDPlus for the fast lane program....

Keep the tips coming...I greatly appreciate all the Help.

SCPD

QRT
Site 102 has quite a few other voice freqs, see attachment -

Correct....those freqs were all put in a FMP Scanlist....see picture

With that said...I dont know how to follow this P25 Trunking system with DSD+.1.074(latest version available to the Public)

Attachments

• FMP Scanlist.jpg
    FMP Scanlist.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,001

DSDPlus

What does "TSDU" mean?
Trunking system data. Control channel data, in other words. DSD+ does not yet decode P25 control channel data.

No, you need to use Unitrunker to decode the control channel data. Set up Unitrunker to send voice data to DSD+ (any version)

Status
Not open for further replies.