DSDPlus DSD+ Discriminator Tap Input

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanesFan95

I've got a discriminator tap scanner and VB Cable installed, but the console window only lists the output devices, not the inputs. So How do I figure out the input device number? -i1, -i2, etc. I've gone up through -i5 and DSD+ isn't decoding the discriminator tap audio. Thanks.

racingfan360

What does Windows say is in your list of Input Devices, and what is listed as your default Input Device?
Is your tapped scanner physically cabled up to/connected to that Default Device?

CanesFan95

Well, I'm not sure where in "Windows" you look to see input devices. The DSD+ console window only lists output devices, but not the inputs. Yes, the tap is plugged into the computer and I was able to make it play back out the computer speakers. So I know the discriminator audio is getting into the computer.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I've got a discriminator tap scanner and VB Cable installed, but the console window only lists the output devices, not the inputs. So How do I figure out the input device number? -i1, -i2, etc. I've gone up through -i5 and DSD+ isn't decoding the discriminator tap audio. Thanks.

Fast Lane version? If so, go to Control --> select Passive Digital Monitor and then go to Input > and choose your input audio device. If you do not have Passive Digital Monitor checked, I believe it is going to assume you are using FMP* as the input.

If you aren't using DSDPlus Fast Lane, there would be no reason for it not to enumerate input devices unless you didn't have input devices (especially true if you are using RDP or something to remote into the machine that you are trying to run DSDPlus on).

Mike

CanesFan95

Fast Lane Version 2.228. I'm using a USB Mic / headphone device plugged into a USB port, as the computer's mic jack doesn't seem to work. This allows me to hear the digital audio noise out the computer speakers if I choose that drop-down option in the Windows Sound settings.

But here's a screenshot of how I'm trying to feed the audio to DSD+:

CanesFan95

Fast Lane version? If so, go to Control --> select Passive Digital Monitor and then go to Input > and choose your input audio device. If you do not have Passive Digital Monitor checked, I believe it is going to assume you are using FMP* as the input.

If you aren't using DSDPlus Fast Lane, there would be no reason for it not to enumerate input devices unless you didn't have input devices (especially true if you are using RDP or something to remote into the machine that you are trying to run DSDPlus on).

Mike

Went ahead and tried that, but still no decode.

racingfan360

Try launching your dsd+ instance direct from dsdplus.exe and not from the bat file. A screen shot of you DSD+ console window showing input device and also source audio waveform might be helpful. FYI I use a disc tapped scanner on one of my setups, usb soundcard, but I have never needed to use VB Audio cable.

hrh17

I've noticed with my discriminatory tap through my computers microphone with passive digital monitor active it didn't save any audio files. So instead I made a bat with -rc -m4 options and its working fine

Status
Not open for further replies.