DSD+ DMR encrypt decoding

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon

Database Admin
I seem to remember the DSD+ author posting here on RR that there was already a version developed for encryption, but it would not be released to the general public. It was years ago and I really don't care to look it up, but I am sure the post is still here in the forums.

woodpecker

As I mentioned before, basic privacy is easy to decode you just have to modify the DSD source, take the 49 bit bp key and xor that key with the 49 bit AMBE frames, every frame is xor'd with the same 49 bit key, here's a video of it in operation:-

https://youtu.be/FVyFm7GvacQ

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Is this something you really want to be posting in an open forum? Or are you trying to push anyone using BP to EP?

woodpecker

Is this something you really want to be posting in an open forum? Or are you trying to push anyone using BP to EP?

The same can be done by buying a trbo radio and trying the keys, motorola include the keys so its not secure in any way.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
This thread is certainly pushing the legal boundaries and since I'm not a lawyer and I suspect nobody else participating in this thread is, I'm going to err on the side of caution and close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.