dsd error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe1938

I am using a Lenovo T-400 with Ubuntu 13.04. after getting every thing installed for dsd and using an
iMic for input from a discriminator tap on my scanner, when I type dsd on the terminal it returns the following:

"my name"@user-ThinkPad-T400:~$ dsd
Digital Speech Decoder 1.7.0-dev (build:GIT-NOTFOUND)
mbelib version 1.2.5
Error, couldn't open /dev/audio
"my name"@user-ThinkPad-T400:~$

can anyone help fix this? Keep in mind that I do not have much experience with Ubuntu.

Joe1938

fmj

/dev/audio is a deprecated, legacy audio device. Ubuntu no longer supports /dev/audio without emulation. Unfortunately I'm not well versed with Linux either, so I wouldn't now how to fix it. Google might help though :)

If you're up for using windows, you can install DSD+, which doesn't require much preconfiguration, it also decodes better, and lets you choose your audio input/output specifically.

deboe

Little late.. But you can install/use the padsp utilty.
It builds a virtual /dev/audio device while running. You need to add it before your call to dsd

padsp ./dsd xxxxx should work.

Krainium

padsp

Yes, padsp works. It took me a day to figure that out on my Fedora Linux box! Just wanted to mention that the audio device name when running it this way becomes /dev/dsp. So run dsd from the command line like so:

padsp dsd -i /dev/dsp -o /dev/dsp

~k

Status
Not open for further replies.