DSDPlus DSD+ Faslane help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisc93

hey can anyone help me out iv'e try'ed to purchase dsd plus fast lane and received a refund? ,,, im trying to use a RSP1A to trunk track P25 P1 with dsd+ can anyone give me an example of what programs i should have running to do so also what should the .freq .site ect code for CapeBreton nova scotia look like ,

should i be running // Fmpp / fmpp.cc/fmpp.vc or / dsd+/fmpp/fmpp.vc/fmpp.vc/ i guess my first question to figure out would be whydid i get a refund not an email with softwear

chrisc93

Also i cant get FMP to see that there is an RSP1A plugged in i tryed -I1234 in the code but it still says that its being refused nothing else is ruuning the rsp1a

chrisc93

Thanks i have contacted them,, still need some help figuring this out for when i do get it
,,Is there 2 different versions of FMP is there also FMPP because i cannot get fmp (free) version to see that there is a RSP1a connected and refuses the tcp connection ,, is fmp not FMPP not compatable with rsp1a ?

cg

Premium Subscriber
it has been so long since I used the free version that I can't comment accurately on that.
DSD+ Fast Lane has 3 FMP files. FMP24 for the basic SDR dongles. FMPA for Airspy products. and FMPP for only some of the SDRPlay receivers.

From the DSDPlus Notes file (file has changelog type info about each version):
"FMPP DSD+ compatible software for RSP2 receivers.
Other SDRPlay receivers are not supported but some functionality is possible"

I believe a search of RR forums might show some success with the RSP1 but not perfect

chris

chrisc93

im not sure if the 1 is compatible but from what i read the 1A is , its the free version is my problem i think ,,, when u first set yours up did u have to put anything in the freq file.. been paying with it for days its getting frustrating

slicerwizard

DSD+ 1.101 knows nothing about SDRPlay SDRs. No wonder you're getting frustrated - you're spinning your wheels while trying to jam a square peg into a round hole.

Maybe some DSD+ Fast Lane users with RSP1A's can advise if FL DSD+ / FMPP works (trunk tracks, etc.) with a 1A, and if so, what exactly one has to do to make it work.

chrisc93

yea that makes sense the most i could get out of it was decoding sraight data with little audio on just dsd+with folder if i chaged the input to it to the output of the rsp1a with -i1-255 along with the VAC pointed in that direction it will spit out very little but dose decode ,, just the .free version that is ,, but i want to make it trunktrack to hear local T111 and P25,,, just waiting on dsd+ to ge back to me with the softwear or why i have a refund

rlmurray56

Feed Provider
I tried ( and tried and tried and tried ) to get a RSP1A to work with DSD+ Fastlane and was never successful. Not to suggest that it won't work, but not for me. I ended buying Flight aware Pro Stick dongles and never looked back. They are a great receiver for 700/800 MHz. systems

chrisc93

I tried ( and tried and tried and tried ) to get a RSP1A to work with DSD+ Fastlane and was never successful. Not to suggest that it won't work, but not for me. I ended buying Flight aware Pro Stick dongles and never looked back. They are a great receiver for 700/800 MHz. systems
do you use one dongle or 2 ? im thinkin on getting 1 more just so it works correctly,,, whats the freq range on them ?

slicerwizard

You only need one to trunk track. The ProSticks tune somewhere in the vicinity of 24-50 MHz to 1700+ MHz. They're more sensitive between 450 MHz and 1500 MHz. I use four of them for 410 MHz to 940 MHz tasks.

chrisc93

i was looking at the rtl-sdr v4 fir 10 bucks more are they any good
You only need one to trunk track. The ProSticks tune somewhere in the vicinity of 24-50 MHz to 1700+ MHz. They're more sensitive between 450 MHz and 1500 MHz. I use four of them for 410 MHz to 940 MHz tasks.
i seen the v3 for 10bucks more they any better

chrisc93

I have some V3's as well. They're not as sensitive as the FlightAware dongles.
ok so the flight aware would be better for me ,, i have it on a vertical 40 foot antenna,, im looking into op25 aswell ever look into that does abit apprently but complicated ...ive had it running gqrx ,,soapy,,cubicsdr and a few others on linux runs nice but situating all the right udp or tcp ports has got me stuck trying to figure out how to use gnuradio to port the audio through dsd or op or somthing of the sort

cg

Premium Subscriber
The Pro (orange one, NOT the Pro Plus) works well if you need a bit of amplification. If you have a real strong signal, it may be overkill. They were sold out on Amazon.

chris

chrisc93

The Pro (orange one, NOT the Pro Plus) works well if you need a bit of amplification. If you have a real strong signal, it may be overkill. They were sold out on Amazon.

chris
so the pro is better then the pro plus ? did i order the right thing will it still work or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.