DSDPlus DSD+ Faslane help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisc93

IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO CONFIG OP25 OR ANY SPEECH DECODER AT ALL AND WANTS TO HELP I CAN SET UP A VNC SERVER FOR A REMOTE CONNECTION INSTEAD OF TRYING TO FIGURE IT OUT MYSELF ,, WHIC ISNT GOING TO GOOD ,,I CANT FIGURE THE TRUNKING PART OUT

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
No need to shout, we hear you. DSD+ is infinitely easier to get setup and running compared to OP25.

From what I understand the Pro Plus stick uses a bandpass filter designed for ADSB reception which is at 1090mhz, so it's reception on any other bands would be quite poor I'd expected. You'd be better off with and RTL-SDR branded stick or the orange Pro Stick. (I have both and they work great). As mentioned the built in amp on the orange stick can sometimes be too much depending on your signal source. I often have to set the gain to 0 on mine for reasonably strong local signals.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Better is relative for what you are doing. If you are looking for DSDPlus work, use the FA Pro, not the Pro Plus
- dark blue Filghtaware Pro Plus is for doing ADSB - does not work well with other frequencies (30 db attenuation)
- orange Filghtaware Pro is general coverage with a built in amplifier

chrisc93

No need to shout, we hear you. DSD+ is infinitely easier to get setup and running compared to OP25.

From what I understand the Pro Plus stick uses a bandpass filter designed for ADSB reception which is at 1090mhz, so it's reception on any other bands would be quite poor I'd expected. You'd be better off with and RTL-SDR branded stick or the orange Pro Stick. (I have both and they work great). As mentioned the built in amp on the orange stick can sometimes be too much depending on your signal source. I often have to set the gain to 0 on mine for reasonably strong local signals.
yea it all seems like a pain so far ,,, i have op25 workin now tracking and all but cant hear it ,, one problem after the next ,,i found it wasnt bad to get going but the audio part is a known issue it looks like

chrisc93

Better is relative for what you are doing. If you are looking for DSDPlus work, use the FA Pro, not the Pro Plus
- dark blue Filghtaware Pro Plus is for doing ADSB - does not work well with other frequencies (30 db attenuation)
- orange Filghtaware Pro is general coverage with a built in amplifier
ill have to send it back i guess ,,, not looking to track planes , just getting sick of it like my previous post states one problem after another ,, and nobody has straight answers to how to make any of them work everyone does it different so its hard to figure outt whats what ,,

a417

the hivemind needs to see configurations and precise error messages to help you on your way.

chrisc93

the hivemind needs to see configurations and precise error messages to help you on your way.
notsure what u mean but as far as i could get wwas seeing the data decoded but not hearing it with op25 ,,, got to the part tthat makes u think you got it working but its not ,, not a peep of audio is it just because its a rsp1a or they all hard to configure,, if i could get some one to vnc into it and config it to work would be good

a417

Do you want to go back to DSD Fastlane and try to get it working there, and then once you get some time under your belt with it try OP25?

chrisc93

Do you want to go back to DSD Fastlane and try to get it working there, and then once you get some time under your belt with it try OP25?
im thinking on that it dont matter to much to me how it works aslong as it does ,, fastlane people never got back to me either which is why i tryed op25 , dsd free isnt workable with the rsp1a for trucktracking ,,, just tells me the device refuses to connect to to tcp port ,, fmp or fmpa dont ever see it there but if fastlane guys would have sent me the softwear it would be going probably

chrisc93

im thinking on that it dont matter to much to me how it works aslong as it does ,, fastlane people never got back to me either which is why i tryed op25 , dsd free isnt workable with the rsp1a for trucktracking ,,, just tells me the device refuses to connect to to tcp port ,, fmp or fmpa dont ever see it there but if fastlane guys would have sent me the softwear it would be going probably
seen people using unitrunker porting the audio through with a RTL dongle virtually

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Once you get the orange dongle, which we all know works great with DSDPlus, I'm sure things will go much more smoothly. It's tough getting community support for a device like the rsp1a simply because there aren't near as many of them in use.

chrisc93

Once you get the orange dongle, which we all know works great with DSDPlus, I'm sure things will go much more smoothly. It's tough getting community support for a device like the rsp1a simply because there aren't near as many of them in use.
yea i was thinkkin that aswell ,, i wouldnt be using an rsp either but it was givin to me ,, it does work with dsd but not fmp i can get it to decode on dsd its self but not on the fmp part so i cant get it too trunk track ,, i can listten to them but one channel at a time ,, i just virtually ported the audio from sdruno to dsd+ but doesnt dsd have to be able to control to source?

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
DSDPlus can work standalone (like you are using it now) or it can communicate and control the dongle, but only if the device is fully supported with FMPx (RTL dongle, Airspy etc etc).

chrisc93

DSDPlus can work standalone (like you are using it now) or it can communicate and control the dongle, but only if the device is fully supported with FMPx (RTL dongle, Airspy etc etc).
Ok i want it to control to dongle ..the orange flight aware works for that right ?

chrisc93

What would the process be for me to use the 1 flightaware dongle with fmp so it would trunk track ,, do i have to add frequencies in the file ? What if I hadd to would it be easier or harder to configure , what part of the softwear controls what ,, does the fmp part or the dsd part ,,, and people that are using unitrunker with it are just using the one dad file and unit runner is forwarding the audio and controlling the frequencies cc and vc

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Yes the orange dongle works great with FMP24 & DSDPlus.

As for trunking it depends what you are trying to do. If it's P25, forget Unitrunker and just go with FMP24 & DSDPlus. It should be basically plug and play, no need to populate frequencies etc. Other types of trunking require a little more manual setup. Do you have a link to the system you are wanting to monitor?

chrisc93

Yes the orange dongle works great with FMP24 & DSDPlus.

As for trunking it depends what you are trying to do. If it's P25, forget Unitrunker and just go with FMP24 & DSDPlus. It should be basically plug and play, no need to populate frequencies etc. Other types of trunking require a little more manual setup. Do you have a link to the system you are wanting to monitor?
And the link what do u mean ,, the listing on this site ? Like the control frequencies nac and what not ,, i seen it all come in on the dsd side but no trunking ,, so when I plug in that orange stick in what order do I open fmp ,, fmp , then the cc then the vc ? Or hows that work i should have the orange stick this week coming sometime

cg

Premium Subscriber
If you are back to talking about DSDPlus, you can do trunktracking with a single dongle. What you will get with using two is the ability to retune to a talkgroup you have programmed to a higher priority.
With a P25 system, you should only have to tune to the Control Channel and the program will use the transmitted bandplan to tune the other channels. Open FMP24 and the 1R batch file that opens DSDPlus. They are easily customized via batch file editing or using the menu in the DSDPlus Event Log window.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.