DSD+ FAST LANE 2.39 - wont-decode !!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
His problem is that it's encrypted. It's decoding the DMR fine by the shown image.
You're right. One of my local DMR repeaters aren't encrypted then I went to where intermod frequency is and saw that it still decodes right. He is still 7 mhz below actual frequency should be 430.6000mhz for him.

Last edited:

jalo30

I insist because if he is in Rome then the only DMR repeater is on 430.6000 mhz NFM. He is close to 7 mhz below the frequency. It's Intermodulation so it's also suffering splatter. He is using RTL-SDR so we cannot rule out that the decoder is confused. It can see the mode but it's not working right
Is not amateur frequency is police frequency, the frequncy is right.

it is very strange !!! with linux i can listen TETRA that is more safe protect , with dmr i can listen because there is a key id protection hahahahahahah.

thewraith2008

That screen cap is only for DMR-MARC which is for amateur radio repeaters. He said it was police.

If your hearing it on 406.3MHz then it's a amateur repeater. And it's encrypted. Odd.

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
@ the OP have you tried using FMP24 to decode or trunk track the signals in question I have found the FMP program works much better than the SDR# and Virtual Audio cable path/option. If you haven't I would suggest you give it a try if you have and you didn't like it please disregard. But once they came out with FMP it made my decoding go way up and sounded a lot better. Probably has something to do with not having as many variables as the virtual audio cable does such as volume and leveling and things like that. I would be more than happy to help you set up FMP24 and the scan list files and what not if you need assistance with it.

-Bob

morfis

The displayed frequency is wrong and sdr# isn't set up correctly for use with DSD+

'snap to grid' is useful but only if you have the correct base settings - if they are wrong they will mean your tuning 'snaps' to the wrong centres.

The correction figure is incorrect for your 'dongle'. Find a good local signal that you know the frequency of and use it to calibrate the offset. That way you will have an accurate frequency display.

Set sdr# to NFM with a bandwidth setting of 12500.
RTL AGC and Audio AGC probably dont need to be on
Audio not filtered

Now try tuning to the centre frequency of your police transmission and it should decode ok still.

This still brings us back to the likelyhood that one talkgroup is encrypted - but you will at least have a meaningful display which will aid troubleshooting in future.

With one talkgroup using encryption then you will NOT be able to listen to it with DSD+ (you might be able to with a hardware radio but that's a different game). The talkgroups that aren't using encryption will be fine.

I don't know much about the frequency allocations in Italy but 406.xxx has been mentioned as amateurs - it's not. Region 1 and Region 2 have different allocations - amateur use of 4xx MHz in Europe is secondary user from 430 to 440MHz. 406 is Government/Military

Status
Not open for further replies.