DSD+ Fast Lane v2.32 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Strange.. no difference noted here. I'll test a little more over the weekend.

I can see the problem, but I don't know how to fix it.

In the FMPA VC window, when the program attempts to tune the voice channel, the proper voice frequency is displayed in the title bar, but the green graph line has no peak at the tuned frequency, instead the peak rises up, very slowly, until the decoded voice is finally heard. This takes about five seconds, so many transmissions are over by then. This used to be almost instantaneous, what is causing the response to be so slow?

I tried increasing the LNA, Mix, and IF gains, but it doesn't help.

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
Am I missing something here? My update file package included only new FMP24 and DSDPlus executable files.

thewraith2008

@ dave3825

"One question, when it locks on a channel, how do you get it to resume scanning?"

Just click on the spectrum just past the frequency its on. If a delay is specified it will wait that time then resume scanning.

Anyone else noticed when scanning with FMP24, when you press ESC to stop on frequency that is active the sound changes ie. more noise.. Like if bandwidth has changed.

When scanning, BW=9.5. when stopped still BW=9.5. When manually change with 'B' cycling thru different BW it does not sound same as what it did when scanning.

Edit: Never mind. Turns out it was the noise filter. "N" Scanning uses #1 I had it OFF.

Last edited:

M105

In the FMPA VC window, when the program attempts to tune the voice channel, the proper voice frequency is displayed in the title bar, but the green graph line has no peak at the tuned frequency, instead the peak rises up, very slowly, until the decoded voice is finally heard. This takes about five seconds, so many transmissions are over by then. This used to be almost instantaneous, what is causing the response to be so slow?

My guess is that your frequency correction (-P) value is off. What you are seeing is the auto center tuning function having to adjust over a large distance. I don't have an Airspy so don't know much about them but it sounds like you need to calibrate it and find the right initial PPM correction.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber

I'm just curious, are you just using 1 Airspy?

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
"One question, when it locks on a channel, how do you get it to resume scanning?"

Just click on the spectrum just past the frequency its on. If a delay is specified it will wait that time then resume scanning.

Thank you for sharing this! I never realized that. Excellent pro tip.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
I'm just curious, are you just using 1 Airspy?

I use 2 Airspys; one for the control channel and one for the voice channel. The voice channel is taking a very long time to tune for some reason.

EDIT: Disregard; issue is resolved. I disconnected and reconnected the voice channel Airspy, and the issue disappeared.

Last edited:

CanesFan95

Is there any way to set a delay time that DSD+ will stay on a talk group after the repeater drops on a P25 system? It would be nice if it was like a scanner where when it stops on an active talk group, it'll stay on that talk group for 5-10 seconds to wait for a reply before jumping to the next talk group for voice monitoring.

CanesFan95

Noticed something minor with the radio alias on a P25 system. After the repeater drops, part of the radio alias text stays stuck on the Channel Activity Window until the next time the talk group is keyed up.

CanesFan95

Here's a couple screen shots:

31497970743_37d8183083_o.png

32269714396_8986e57cdc_o.png

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I use 2 Airspys; one for the control channel and one for the voice channel. The voice channel is taking a very long time to tune for some reason.

EDIT: Disregard; issue is resolved. I disconnected and reconnected the voice channel Airspy, and the issue disappeared.

Its funny, my Airspy Mini gets sluggish sometimes and after unplugging and plugging back in it works fine..

CanesFan95

What does it mean on a P25 system when you see the frequency in blue italics with an "L/O" and a green number in the Target column? Every once in a while it will flash this quickly for only like 1-2 seconds:

32205120552_5ac2f0b3c4_o.png

CanesFan95

Also, if it says EXTERNAL for a radio ID under the Source column, what does that mean?

32316541286_4a64970163_o.png

Last edited by a moderator:

CanesFan95

Hokay, nother question. If there's a private call between 2 radios, how can you hold on it to listen to the conversation? This screenshot shows a private call at the bottom. Normally, you can click on a talk group to listen to it and hold on it. But this doesn't seem to work on private calls. It doesn't seem to let you do anything to hold on it and listen in.

31544818233_67c6b8f7f8_o.png

DSDPlus

Noticed something minor with the radio alias on a P25 system. After the repeater drops, part of the radio alias text stays stuck on the Channel Activity Window until the next time the talk group is keyed up.
Please send us a raw CC audio recording that captures the behavior.

What does it mean on a P25 system when you see the frequency in blue italics with an "L/O" and a green number in the Target column? Every once in a while it will flash this quickly for only like 1-2 seconds:
It is a data call.

Also, if it says EXTERNAL for a radio ID under the Source column, what does that mean?
It is a call with no source radio ID. It usually involves a console.

Hokay, nother question. If there's a private call between 2 radios, how can you hold on it to listen to the conversation? This screenshot shows a private call at the bottom. Normally, you can click on a talk group to listen to it and hold on it. But this doesn't seem to work on private calls. It doesn't seem to let you do anything to hold on it and listen in.
This functionality has not been added yet.

D

DaveNF2G

It is a call with no source radio ID. It usually involves a console.

It could also be a patch to/from another system. I haven't seen any consoles without RID on any system. Not sure how that could work.

D

DaveNF2G

I haven't tried holding on a private call, but if the call has the highest active priority on the system, it can be monitored.

High Priority in DSD+ is an override setting, as is HOLD. Assigning numeric priorities is much more flexible.

CanesFan95

Is there a limit to how many talk groups can have a HIGH priority? I seem to notice talk groups that keep reverting back to 50 after I madem HIGH.

Running DSD+(current update) with SDR# & DSD Plugin..started recieving this error now -

invalid command line parameter -dr0

anyone else experience this - remedies?

Status
Not open for further replies.