DSD+ Fast Lane with SDR Dongle

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxDonoghue

Hi all, recently came across DSD+ and it's ability to decode P25, so I thought this would be great use for my SDR RTL dongles. I'd like to monitor the OPP. I've watched a few YouTube videos and read a few blogs, but I'm confused as to whether I need to use one or two dongles. I paid my yearly subscription to Fast Lane and have received the latest download files.

Hoping to get this up and running this weekend. Last night I installed the latest version of SDR#, VAC and DSD+ (non Fast Lane version). I dialed in the local city transit control channel and was seeing data flow, but couldn't receive any audio. Still plan on watching more YouTube tutorials on that!

Any help appreciated, my main monitoring will be the OPP so I'd like to concentrate on that trunked system.

Thank you,
Max VE3TMT

DRL-XM43

Hi all, recently came across DSD+ and it's ability to decode P25, so I thought this would be great use for my SDR RTL dongles. I'd like to monitor the OPP. I've watched a few YouTube videos and read a few blogs, but I'm confused as to whether I need to use one or two dongles. I paid my yearly subscription to Fast Lane and have received the latest download files.

Hoping to get this up and running this weekend. Last night I installed the latest version of SDR#, VAC and DSD+ (non Fast Lane version). I dialed in the local city transit control channel and was seeing data flow, but couldn't receive any audio. Still plan on watching more YouTube tutorials on that!

Any help appreciated, my main monitoring will be the OPP so I'd like to concentrate on that trunked system.

Thank you,
Max VE3TMT

You can double check the database but I am fairly certain you will find OPP E fully encrypted talk groups on that system. It helps if you post a link to the system of interest.

If it is not the P25 system it is perhaps the Motorola type 2 system which you can monitor (dual analog/digital) but not with DSD+ except for individual P25 channels.)

Do you have the db link to the transit system.

Last edited:

a417

if its fully encrypted (which the DB pages indicate) you're not going to get anything.

Is this the system you are looking at? I figure you are closest to site #031 (1F), yes?

see that "DE" under the MODE column? That's your kiss of death.

sorry.

moonbounce

Thank you,
Max VE3TMT

I am monitoring the same system with one dongle. Your best bet is to go with Unitrunker version one and DSD+ 1.101 it workes flawlessly for what you want.

Moonbounce

DRL-XM43

Just released Unitrunker
Version 2 Release 1 Preview 14

I just tried it on the Bell Fleetnet sites and it works great - it is pre-configured 99% - just needs a control channel to be entered away you go. No DSD+ or VB Cable needed.

Works good on P25 phase 1 too plus some more

(if you are upgrading from 13 I suggest deleting the radios, relaunching and start over)

MaxDonoghue

Just released Unitrunker
Version 2 Release 1 Preview 14

I just tried it on the Bell Fleetnet sites and it works great - it is pre-configured 99% - just needs a control channel to be entered away you go. No DSD+ or VB Cable needed.

Works good on P25 phase 1 too plus some more

(if you are upgrading from 13 I suggest deleting the radios, relaunching and start over)

Only one tuner required? I would like to use the other one for my panadapter if possible.

DRL-XM43

I was talking about this system which gives you EMS and OPP not encrypted using Unitrunker as in above post.

Looks like these are your trunked system options 90% are viable (scroll to bottom) using the right tools plus a bunch of others

DRL-XM43

So, for the EDACS and Motorola, I only require Unitrunker?

DSD+ is only required for decoding any digital transmissions?

Max

That's about it in a nutshell. There are other tools for the first category but UT is your fast track option in my very humble opinion.

There are Linux options.....

Status
Not open for further replies.