DSD+ Fastlane and RSPDuo

Status
Not open for further replies.

va3kpj

Hi there, long time ham but scanner newbie. Bought an RSPDuo at Dayton and have been playing with it for a few days now, subscribed to DSD Fastlane.

Is there any way currently to utilize both receivers on the Duo with DSD, or are there plans to add these features? Or should I go buy a second one or a dongle so I can do control/voice scanning simultaneously?

(I understand I can do single-unit scanning now, but would like to try doing it the other way).

Thanks and 73 de VA3QR

DRL-XM43

DSD+ simply decodes digital audio either from input from a soundcard usualy VB Cable or from a TCP connection from its native FMP24 receiver, so it seems your challenge is using a receiving software which can use the RSPduo to tune a frequency and send it to DSD+ for decode processing.

Or I may have misunstood your question.

FMP24/DSD+ can trunk and voice follow using a single dongle or 2 if you prefer.

I don't know if FMP24 would recognize the RSPduo as 2 dongles?

Last edited:

DRL-XM43

That’s what I was wondering: if it is or will be possible for FMP to see the RSPDuo as 2 independent receivers.

Have you tried? .Iit would be easy enough to test although I think I read a post where most software does not recognize the "2nd" dongle.

morfis

Yes you can use both tuners at the same time with DSD. Using SDRConsole or sdruno you can control both tuners and using virtual audio cables feed DSD instances.

However, you probably asked the wrong question and really meant something like:
"Can FMPP utilise both tuners in an RSPduo simultaneously to monitor trunked networks with DSDPlusFL?"

The answer to that is NO.

FMPP currently sees the RSPduo as a single tuner. When it is using that single tuner it also prevents access to the second tuner (other software will say there is no device available). It will do single tuner control/voice monitoring just as it will with a far cheaper rtl device

For the authors to add the dual tuner functionality they need time but more significantly they need access to a RSPduo for testing. I have no idea if they have approached SDRPlay for a device and when I asked where they are based, to see if it would be practical to loan one of mine, I didn't receive a reply.

va3kpj

Yes you can use both tuners at the same time with DSD. Using SDRConsole or sdruno you can control both tuners and using virtual audio cables feed DSD instances.

However, you probably asked the wrong question and really meant something like:
"Can FMPP utilise both tuners in an RSPduo simultaneously to monitor trunked networks with DSDPlusFL?"

The answer to that is NO.

FMPP currently sees the RSPduo as a single tuner. When it is using that single tuner it also prevents access to the second tuner (other software will say there is no device available). It will do single tuner control/voice monitoring just as it will with a far cheaper rtl device

For the authors to add the dual tuner functionality they need time but more significantly they need access to a RSPduo for testing. I have no idea if they have approached SDRPlay for a device and when I asked where they are based, to see if it would be practical to loan one of mine, I didn't receive a reply.

Yup, that was probably the right question :)

Thanks for the insight. I'll wait to see if anything happens. For now, I might buy a cheap dongle to play around (or a second RSPDuo - there's no such thing as too much gear, right? :))

D

DaveNF2G

I have also asked the SDRPlay folks if they plan to release an IO library to facilitate dual control of the RSPDuo by other software.

SoundScanner

Forgive me if this is the wrong forum. I have am running windows 10, sdruno and dsd plus Fastlane. I am getting a message that Airspy .lib needs an update and don't know how to do that. Also how do I find the Airspy serial number. Is there anyone willing to do a remote connection and help set this up. I have a strong control signal decoding, but don.t know how to set up trunking.

slicerwizard

It sounds like you're running FMPA. So you have an Airspy? Just run FMPA (with no command line parameters) and it will tell you the Airspy's serial number. If you need an updated Airspy DLL, go find it on the Airspy website.

SoundScanner

Would anyone be so kind as to help get DSD+ Fastlane set up. I am running Windows 10. I have a RSP1A that is working fine. The DSD+ is decoding a control frequency but need help setting up the Fastlane bat files so I can follow the voice channels. I did read the text files that came with file but am very confused. Am I correct that I use the FMPA files ? Do I need to enter Airspy serial number and if so where do I find it ?
When I run the FMPA.exe file I get an error message, Airspy lib needs update. How is that done ? My RSP1A is plugged into a USB and I have a Virtual cable running. I just need help setting those bat files I think.

Thanks slicerwizard maybe above will explain a little more what I am doing. I guess I do not have Airspy not sure. There is an airspy dll in DSD+ but maybe using a RSP1A and SDRplay software I should be using another bat file ????

slicerwizard

If you have an RSP1A, use FMPP (by running the FMPP-CC.bat file). Then run DSD+ (via the 1R.bat file); then manually tune FMPP to a control channel.

First though, just run FMPP.exe and it should display your RSP1A serial number. That number has to be entered in the first line of the FMPP.cfg file (use Notepad to edit it)

Of course, the very first thing you should do (if you haven't done it yet) is copy all of the Fast Lane files to your DSD+ folder.

SoundScanner

Thanks slicerwizaed. I did copy all of the Fastlane files to the DSD+ folder. I am not at my home computer at this time but will try the FMPP.exe in the morning.Please if you would continue monitoring this thread I will post my results tomorrow.

SoundScanner

I tried running FMPP-cc.bat "FMPP -rc -i1 -o20001 -f386.675" and got an error that said, Can't open SDRPlay device #1 SDR device with serial number 1906306BD96 is not present or is already in use.
audio output device #1 = 'Speakers (Realtek High Definti'
Audio output device #2 = 'Cable Input (VB-Audio Virtual C'

SoundScanner

I have DSD+ fastllane running and decoding but do not hear voice. It is logging .wav files in 1R Directory. The 1R bat file is like this; (DSDPlus -r1 -e -T -E -Pwav -i20001 >>1R-log.txt) Should it be changed in order for me to hear voice ?

SoundScanner

When I run VC.bat I get this message;
Initiating TCP connection to 127.0.0.1:20002...
TCP connect error = 10061
[No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it]

slicerwizard

I tried running FMPP-cc.bat "FMPP -rc -i1 -o20001 -f386.675" and got an error that said, Can't open SDRPlay device #1 SDR device with serial number 1906306BD96 is not present or is already in use.
audio output device #1 = 'Speakers (Realtek High Definti'
Audio output device #2 = 'Cable Input (VB-Audio Virtual C'
So that's not your device's serial number? Or it wasn't plugged in? Or some other software was already using it?

slicerwizard

I have DSD+ fastllane running and decoding but do not hear voice. It is logging .wav files in 1R Directory. The 1R bat file is like this; (DSDPlus -r1 -e -T -E -Pwav -i20001 >>1R-log.txt) Should it be changed in order for me to hear voice ?
Hm. Have you messed with volume levels in DSD+ (with the cursor up/down keys?)

slicerwizard

When I run VC.bat I get this message;
Initiating TCP connection to 127.0.0.1:20002...
TCP connect error = 10061
[No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it]
Why are you running VC.bat? Aren't you using a single dongle to monitor control/rest/voice channels, aka single receiver mode?

SoundScanner

My serial number is entered correctly. I am running a single RSP1A monitoring control/rest/voice channels. Single mode. I start using FMPP-CC.bat then 1R.bat. Do I not I have to run any other bat files ? I have tried the volume but I will and I just was reading about how to change the bandwidth to -b9.5 but not sure if I need to.
I will keep fieldling until I get there. I thank you for your help and hopefully you'll be there if I have more questions. T/Y

Status
Not open for further replies.