DSD+ Fastlane. Any development interest to support other radios?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArloG

Okay. Getting to the point. I have a lifetime DSD+ Fastlane sub.
And also using an RSP2 with marginal success.
DSD+ points me to the RR forums. So, here I am.

Is there any interest, development, etc., to support other radios besides the ones FMPxx currently does?
It would be very nice to see something. Even experimental. To have a plugin, dll...whatever to allow other radios to be used.

In other forums there are may posts of people thinking that purchasing DSD+ Fastlane will allow their radios that they currently use with Passive Digital Monitor to somehow magically allow them to trunk track.

Like me with my IC-R8600. Passive is the only way it will work. And of course finding an active (or busy) voice channel is time consuming and frustrating. Even loading them into memory and scanning and hoping it lands on a channel with voice. But that sucks.

Some kind of plugin to allow CAT control would be a great asset. Not to mention a big money maker for the DSD+ people.
Seeing that the last releases are king of stagnant and lacking any eye opening features.

Even if the end user had to manually load CAT, etc commands into a table. Or users of it posting configuration files that they populated for the many other NOT RTL/SDRPlay....etc. radios.

Hoisting a dedicated antenna or switching from a receiver to a dongle isn't very handy.

Are there any alternatives currently out there to control a real receiver using a digital decoder like DSD+ ?

......here comes the flack!

Status
Not open for further replies.