DSD+ Fastlane beginner - stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldRabbit

Hi, sorry for asking another DSD+ question, but the posts I have been able to find on the subject does not quite answer my question.

I have Purchased and installed DSD+ Fastlane - and using SDR# + VBCable in my setup.

I am able to tune into a digital frequency - and see some response from DSD+, but so far - I have not been able to decode any audio.

To get a known DMR signal, I added a simplex channel to my TYT UV-380 radio and used that as a test transmitter.

Getting any reaction in the DSD+ window is a hit or miss, when I do, I get a list of +DMR lines scrolling, sometimes a Voice header.

So question:

Is it correct, that I should be able to decode and listen to the voice from a DMR handset using DSD+ Fastlane ? - all the videos I have been able to find are using repeater frequencies but that should hardly make a difference ?

Also any documentation on the settings of the Input, Output, Decoder and Control options in Fastlane ? - the readme is very brief.

Update - managed to capture some output - created when keying and talking in my UV-380:

Mono audio decoding initiated; press Esc to exit...
Sync:+DMR
+DMR MS DATA ERR3 DCC=13 Idle ERR100
Sync: no sync
+DMR MS VOICE e:7r7r4r
Can't append to incompatible file 'DSDPlus.wav'
Can't append to file 'DSDPlus.wav'; trying create instead
+DMR MS VC2 e:7m7r5r
+DMR MS VC3 e:6r7m5e
+DMR MS VC4 e:6r7r7r
+DMR MS VC5 e:6m6r7r
+DMR MS VC6 e:6r5m6r
Sync: no sync
+DMR MS VOICE e:7r7r7r
+DMR MS VC2 e:4m5r6r
+DMR MS VC3 e:5r6m7e
+DMR MS VC4 e:6r5r6r
+DMR MS VC5 e:7m7r6r
+DMR MS VC6 e:6r4m7r
+DMR MS VOICE e:6r6r7m
+DMR MS VC2 e:5r7r6r

Regards

Last edited:

OldRabbit

Thanks, will look into the parameters - obviously need to set the frequency somehow.

SDR# + the plug-in was just so convenient - If I could make it work.

relicwr

Premium Subscriber
You mentioned VBCable. Using the control panel in that folder where you installed the driver, make sure the sampling rate is at 48000. You need to restart after changing to that. Check the Sound control panel as well to make sure that's on 48000 on both Playback and Recording tabs.

kd5dga

Premium Subscriber
Open up FMP24 once you get the spectrum window then type in your frequency and hit enter. You will see the frequency change on the upper ribbon bar of the spectrum window.

Adrian878

Thanks, will look into the parameters - obviously need to set the frequency somehow.

SDR# + the plug-in was just so convenient - If I could make it work.

I guess you couldn’t get it to work too, I just spent 2 hours no luck problem after problem, if I would have know I wouldn’t of bothered with buying slow lane

a417

I guess you couldn’t get it to work too, I just spent 2 hours no luck problem after problem, if I would have know I wouldn’t of bothered with buying slow lane
No reason to bash it, if you are knowingly using it off-label (ie, with SDR# plugin or VB Cable) and not the recommended feed source (ie, FMPx)

OldRabbit

1. I had my VBCable on 44.1 Khz - changed that to 48 - but did not get any decoded audio yet.

2. Managed to get the command line version of DSD+ working - with FMPA tuned to the desired frequency.

Now, when keying my DMR handset, I get a number of max= lines like these:

max = 15997
max = 15998
max = 15999
max = 16002
max = 16010
max = 16021
max = 16024

Quite a learning curve here. Those youtube videos where the guys just start the app look so easy :)

OldRabbit

Don't give up so easily - if it works for other guys/gals, you can make it work too.

Hopefully, once I get it working, I can write a short dummies guide

Adrian878

Don't give up so easily - if it works for other guys/gals, you can make it work too.

Hopefully, once I get it working, I can write a short dummies guide

I’m not giving up yet, well I have on the dsd plugin, I’m going to try and get the TCP plugin working as I hsve found it works much better than audio cable in the past

OldRabbit

Guys - (assuming you are all guys :) - got it working.

Using SDR# and the DSD+ TCP plug in - rather than the ‘plain’ DSD interface - which may not be using the DSD+ features ?.

Have clear decoding of DMR and audio output.

Did have to force the output to speakers rather than VB cable which happened to be the default.

Thanks a lot

And - as a backup/new toy - Having a Uniden SDS200 on the way.

Regards

OldRabbit

I’m not giving up yet, well I have on the dsd plugin, I’m going to try and get the TCP plugin working as I hsve found it works much better than audio cable in the past
Yes - today I switched to the TCP DSD+ plug-in in SDR# -and after redirecting output to speakers - it worked right away.

Adrian878

Nice one when using TCP link did you get a error message saying ( dsd+tcp invalid command line -dr0 ) and also are you upswing SDR

OldRabbit

Nice one when using TCP link did you get a error message saying ( dsd+tcp invalid command line -dr0 ) and also are you upswing SDR
No errors - although did see those at one point when using the non TCP version.

I am on the way out, will post command line used and screenshot of the decoder windowwhen back.

Regards

Adrian878

No errors - although did see those at one point when using the non TCP version.

I am on the way out, will post command line used and screenshot of the decoder windowwhen back.

Regards
Thanks look forward to that,,my last message I made a mistake lol I was meaning to say are you using standard SDR# or the community package.

a417

( dsd+tcp invalid command line -dr0 )

-dr0 is an invalid command line flag. Valid commands for decoder options are -ds(num), -dv(num), or -dd(num)

what were you trying to invoke via the decoder options?

OldRabbit

Here is my setup:
SDR# Community Edtion with an Airspy R2 unit
Nosy (Noisy ?) active antenna on the outside of my window.

SDR# Settings:
Audio Output: MME Microsoft Sound Mapper - Audio Cable worked too.
Gain in the middle region - and AGC enabled, which save you from some fine tuning of gain.
Volume slider in the top and in DSD+ TCP in the middle - you need to play with these

DSD+ Configuration string: -v2 -O NUL -I0 -i20011 -o1 -g0 -u3 -dr0 -dh0 -ds64 -dd10 -dv20 -M15 -fa

When first starting DSD+, watch the output, making sure output is speaker - so you don't feed audio back into the input somehow.

Found, If I key the transmitter - and talk immediately - decoding sometimes fails. Need a short silence at the beginning of the transmission to succeed reliably.

Obviously gain has to be in the lower end when keying a 5W transmitter 2 meters from the antenna.

Regards

Adrian878

what were you trying to invoke via the decoder options?
[/QUOTE]
I think -dr0 is a problem with the SDR# plugins, the plugins are more catered for the free version of DSD

Status
Not open for further replies.