DSD FastLane Deny Message

Status
Not open for further replies.

AB9NN

Premium Subscriber
I received the following DENY message and wonder if it is my system that is denying the call or some other system:

"Registration RID=9283025 TG=4400 DENY"

TIA

a417

You are monitoring a system. Your local hardware is not in any way involved in what that system is doing, other than observing.

That DENY message is Radio ID = 9283025 trying to get on TalkGroup = 4400 and the system is not allowing it.

Krainium

Yes that is on your monitored system. I see them often. It boils down to a radio attempting to connect to a network (site) that it is not authorized to connect to.

No worries :)
73, ~k

wgbecks

Krainium is correct.

These events are prevalent during warmer weather months with an increase in tropospheric ducting whereby a distant SU attempts registration here the signal propagates via ducting to the distant site where its not authorized to do so in the zone controller. This can also occur when
the SU may be located at a point of higher elevation and whereby said signal propagates to the distant site operating on the same control channel frequency and NAC.

The later explanation may have some merit in that the SU's RID originates out of Grand Traverse County. But I don't think this is the case in that it's highly unlikely that this would be a coincidence of short spaced frequency reuse. It's far more probable the SU was roaming outside of it's
normally authorized area and simply tried to affiliate on a tower near you.

It's also a little bit of a mystery in that TG 4400 is not presently listed in the Radio Reference Database for the MPSCS. The only know facts
are the RID and that it was assigned out of Grand Traverse County.

References (Registration RID=9283025 TG=4400 DENY)

https://www.michigan.gov/documents/sos/County_Codes_List_225306_7.pdf
Michigan's Public Safety Communications System (MPSCS) Radio ID Structure - The RadioReference Wiki

Bill

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
I see this quite a bit in DMR Tier 3, specifically Capacity Max systems where the default System ID is 1. Part of Capacity Max systems is a Comprehensive Roaming algorithm where when the radio cannot connect to any known site, it scans the entire RF band and connects to any control channel with the same system ID. At this point, the radio gets rejected and continues scanning. TT

Status
Not open for further replies.