DSD+ Fastlane Issues

charlesschlich

Premium Subscriber
Howdy,

I just recently set up DSD+ Fastlane to listen to TIII DMR traffic in my area. Everything seems to work properly except that in DSD+, the recently seen groups and the recently seen radio lists do not populate. They don't populate even though a group call comes into the receiver and gets played over my speakers. Also In the Chanel activity and the event log, The group aliases I assigned to the different DMR channels are not being used. Instead, it just says the Talk Group number. I'll attach screenshots of my files. Thank you in advance for your help!!!!Screenshot 2024-09-18 081137.pngScreenshot 2024-09-18 081150.pngScreenshot 2024-09-18 081111.png

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
You need to sit on the control channel and in CONTROL menu make sure you have Combined CC/VC Monitoring enabled

It looks like you are just sitting on one of the voice channels.

cg

Premium Subscriber
The small black Channel Activity window show important information as well.
If you see S1 or S2 under Ch, you are likely on a trunk voice channel or a non trunked repeater.
If you see "?" under Ch, you likely have trunk system control channel that either is not populated in the Frequencies file or has not yet followed voice traffic after startup.
If you see channel numbers but no frequencies, you need to populate the Frequencies file (or go looking for errors in the file).

charlesschlich

Premium Subscriber
The small black Channel Activity window show important information as well.
If you see S1 or S2 under Ch, you are likely on a trunk voice channel or a non trunked repeater.
If you see "?" under Ch, you likely have trunk system control channel that either is not populated in the Frequencies file or has not yet followed voice traffic after startup.
If you see channel numbers but no frequencies, you need to populate the Frequencies file (or go looking for errors in the file).
The only error I could think of in that file is either the site number, or the letter preceding the system ID. I am not entirely sure if those are correct. Would that impact the functionality of my DSD system?

charlesschlich

Premium Subscriber
You need to sit on the control channel and in CONTROL menu make sure you have Combined CC/VC Monitoring enabled

It looks like you are just sitting on one of the voice channels.
Its able to jump from control to voice channels, but only a limited number as i only have one RTL-SDR currently.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Its able to jump from control to voice channels, but only a limited number as i only have one RTL-SDR currently.

DSDPlus only has the capability of monitoring one voice channel at a time, regardless of how many dongles you use. And you can only use up to two dongles with a single instance of DSDPlus.

If it's switching to the voice channel upon a Group / Private Call, then it's doing its job.

But, in your screenshot either you have horrid decode (bad signal or something) or you actually parked on a voice channel (more likely) rather than the control channel. You need to park on the control channel. And the control channel is going to be one of those listed below. The database only lists 854.3875 as a control channel. But that doesn't mean that there isn't more than one control channel, and that the control channel function hasn't switched to one of the other frequencies. CHeck all of the frequencies below, and park on the one that is 24/7 active. It may or may not be 854.3875. If you find that one of the other frequencies is now the active control channel, please submit an update to that system to let admins know that there is an additional control channel freq and let them know what that freq is.

854.3875c856.2625857.2625857.9625858.9625859.4375

charlesschlich

Premium Subscriber
DSDPlus only has the capability of monitoring one voice channel at a time, regardless of how many dongles you use. And you can only use up to two dongles with a single instance of DSDPlus.

If it's switching to the voice channel upon a Group / Private Call, then it's doing its job.

But, in your screenshot either you have horrid decode (bad signal or something) or you actually parked on a voice channel (more likely) rather than the control channel. You need to park on the control channel. And the control channel is going to be one of those listed below. The database only lists 854.3875 as a control channel. But that doesn't mean that there isn't more than one control channel, and that the control channel function hasn't switched to one of the other frequencies. CHeck all of the frequencies below, and park on the one that is 24/7 active. It may or may not be 854.3875. If you find that one of the other frequencies is now the active control channel, please submit an update to that system to let admins know that there is an additional control channel freq and let them know what that freq is.

854.3875c856.2625857.2625857.9625858.9625859.4375
Ah okay that makes sense! Thank you so much for the reply. I will trial and error the other frequencies to see which one works the best. I'll make sure to submit an update request once I find the right frequency!

Thank you again.