DSD+ FastLane - Minimize Windows - Explain Window Numbering Scheme Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

AB9NN

Premium Subscriber
I run 4 RTLSDR dongles, one for HF, three for scanning. I start three instances of FMP24 and DSD+, one instance for each dongle. Each dongle has a seperate Scanlist and they all go on their merry way happily scanning mixed modes and doing a quite nice job of it. However, the start-up process leaves many windows open. All I really want is the FMP24 windows, 3 of them, showing me the Scanlist entries being tuned at the current moment. That way, when one finds an active frequency, stops, decodes it and plays the audio - I can at a glance see which freq is talking. Minimizing all the other windows takes a bit of time. I did see, and have experimented with the following line from the DSD+ and FMP24 manuals (text files) which does not explain, at least what I could see, the scheme used to number opened windows:

-_<num> Minimize selected windows at startup (bitmapped, 0-15) [-_0]

Can someone please explain the scheme for the window numbers? I currently run the following start-up batch file contents and you will see I use -2 and -15 and it works perfectly but I still do not understand the numbering scheme:

REM ***** Start DMR *****
CHDIR C:\_Files\SDR - Software Defined Radio\sdrsharp-x86\dsd+FASTLANE-DMR-Working-Conventional-Scanning
TIMEOUT 2
DELETE DSDPlus.bin
TIMEOUT 2
START FMP24 -i2 -o20009 -P0.0 -wsl0.0 -s1 -v150 -g47 -_2
TIMEOUT 2
START DSDPlus -e -fa -i20009 -m1 -_15
TIMEOUT 2
REM START LRRP.EXE

REM ***** Start NXDN *****
CHDIR C:\_Files\SDR - Software Defined Radio\sdrsharp-x86\dsd+FASTLANE-NXDN - Conventional - WORKS - 1 Freq\WORKING FILES - SAVE
TIMEOUT 2
DELETE DSDPlus.bin
TIMEOUT 2
START FMP24 -i3 -o20006 -P0.0 -wsl305.894 -s1 -_2
TIMEOUT 2
START DSDPlus -e -fa -i20006 -m1 -_15
TIMEOUT 2
REM START LRRP.EXE

REM ***** Start FM2 *****
REM taskkill /F /IM FMP24.exe
REM TIMEOUT 1

CHDIR C:\_Files\SDR - Software Defined Radio\sdrsharp-x86\dsd+FASTLANE-FMN Scanner\Z - SCANNER 2
TIMEOUT 1

DELETE DSDPlus.bin
TIMEOUT 1

START FMP24 -i4 -P0.0 -s1 -o20007 -wsl0.0 -g47 -_2
TIMEOUT 3

REM START DSDPlus -e -fa -i20007 -o3 -_15
START DSDPlus -e -fa -i20007 -m1 -_15

REM -o1
REM CHDIR C:\Users\jkres\OneDrive\Desktop\RADIOS

REM ***** Start ??? *****

DRL-XM43

-_<num> Minimize selected windows at startup (bitmapped, 0-15) [-_0]

value window

1 console
2 source audio
4 channel activity
8 event log

sum values to minimize multiple windows

As you notice the sum of them all 15 minimizes them all and so forth

AB9NN

Premium Subscriber
Thanks! Works well. It would be nice to add that to the documentation. My apology if I missed it - maybe it was further down in the document...

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Thanks! Works well. It would be nice to add that to the documentation. My apology if I missed it - maybe it was further down in the document...

It's right there in Changes.txt, which is included in the original DSDPlus 1.01 download off of the website.

AB9NN

Premium Subscriber
Thanks again. It sure would be nice to get replacement manual text files for DSD+ and FMP24 on each release so that you don't have to search multiple places for information. The manual. The changes file. The help menu of the running program, etc. Just a thought...

KmanOz

Just found this. Would be great if these switches applied to FMP-Map and LRRP as well. If the maps remembered their screen position as well would also be a bonus. Would make startup a breeze :D

Last edited:

AB9NN

Premium Subscriber
Try editing the Properties for the windows. Left Click far upper-left hand corner. Select Properties. There is a setting Let System Position Window. Un-check those. Close down. Then re-start. They should be right back to where you had them. If you move them to where you want them and size them first that may help. Just found that from clicking around and searching for settings that could work. I've never seen that in any Windows or other documentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.