DSD+ Fastlane Not Decoding NexEdge

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacky1mcc

I have been using my SDR with DSD+ for serval months. Until now I have always monitored P25 trunked systems. Recently I decided to I wanted to monitor a local NXDN/NexEdge 4800 system. My DSD+ Event screens show that the sdr has locked on to the NexEdge system and it is showing various talk groups using the system but the DSD+ software is not decoding the audio. The talk groups are being logged into the Groups file. My system works fine monitoring P25 systems. Is there some batch file commands that I need to add?
Thanks

cg

Premium Subscriber
Difficult without any information like screen shot of the Event Log, Activity and FMPxx windows. But offhand, I would guess that perhaps you haven't populated the Network, Site, & Frequencies files?

jacky1mcc

Difficult without any information like screen shot of the Event Log, Activity and FMPxx windows. But offhand, I would guess that perhaps you haven't populated the Network, Site, & Frequencies files?
I have not populated the Network, Site or Frequency files. I didn't populate those files either for P25 and it works. I will go see if I can figure out how to populate those files. I would appreciate any guidance that you might provide for that effort. Thanks

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
I have not populated the Network, Site or Frequency files. I didn't populate those files either for P25 and it works.

NXDN is different than other digital modes. Around here, we don't see a lot of conventional users so it's mostly trunking. So, you can sit on the control channel and just monitor that but all you'll see is the voice traffic on the voice channels -- the LCNs. You can use (2) SDRs to monitor the CC and then figure out your voice channels from there by scanning around.

The best way is to configure DSD+ to use one SDR to monitor the CC and the other to listen to your voice channels. If you read the DSD+ readme file you can find instructions on how to do this... also, YouTube has several videos on how to setup DSD+ to trunk track.

That being said, you still need the NXDN control channel frequency and it helps to have the voice frequencies but you can always hunt them down if needed.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Open in Notepad, use the format at the top of each file. Once you do one entry or look at the example if there is one, it is easy.

chris

jacky1mcc

NXDN is different than other digital modes. Around here, we don't see a lot of conventional users so it's mostly trunking. So, you can sit on the control channel and just monitor that but all you'll see is the voice traffic on the voice channels -- the LCNs. You can use (2) SDRs to monitor the CC and then figure out your voice channels from there by scanning around.

The best way is to configure DSD+ to use one SDR to monitor the CC and the other to listen to your voice channels. If you read the DSD+ readme file you can find instructions on how to do this... also, YouTube has several videos on how to setup DSD+ to trunk track.

That being said, you still need the NXDN control channel frequency and it helps to have the voice frequencies but you can always hunt them down if needed.
I try

Thanks for your comments. My system is working now.

cg

Premium Subscriber
You can follow the trunking with a single dongle. You don't need to use two.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.