DSD+ FastLane Passive Digital Monitor Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

G0HLJ

I have just purchased the FastLane version. I use an RSP-1a SDR Receiver and SDRUno Software.

Quesion:
In the Notes.txt file of DSD it tells you to select Passive Digital Monitoring which is located under the Control Menu
Can anyone tell me what this does please.

Screenshot 2020-07-01 at 11.45.09.jpg

Thanks

G0HLJ

It allows you to select any input source other than TCP linking for feeding audio to DSD+ (virtual audio cable, line-in input, basically anything from the computer's sound card)

Thanks.
Does this that in the SDRUno Program, I can choose My Speakers for the Output device rather than Virtual Audio Cable and in DSD choose the Passive Digital Monitoring option and DSD and it will still decode when it lands on a digital signal like DMR

G0HLJ

Thanks. Is there a help file or documentation anywhere explaining what all the menu options are for in the FastLane version

a417

Look in the DSD folder.

• Notes.txt
  • Trunking.txt
  • Changes.txt
  • FMP.txt
  • FMPA.txt
  • FMPAv2p7.txt
  • DSDPlus.txt

cg

Premium Subscriber
Look in the DSD folder.

• Notes.txt
  • Trunking.txt
  • Changes.txt
  • FMP.txt
  • FMPA.txt
  • FMPAv2p7.txt
  • DSDPlus.txt
A number of those are likely help files you generated yourself.
When there is a new DSDPlus.exe or FMPx.exe file, I run one of the following from a batch file to create a help file I can print. When I save it, I change the name to the version number.
DSDPlus -h >DSDPlus_Help.txt
FMPA -h >FMPA_Help.txt
FMP24 -h >FMP24_Help.txt

chris

a417

if people are running programs they don't know without running -h,/?, or man (foobar)initially, each of which is a widely practiced help/man file trigger... :whistle:

It is nice that they generate the txt files for you, I missed that DSD nuance...makes it easier for me to rtfm

Phillipsc84

Premium Subscriber
It allows you to select any input source other than TCP linking for feeding audio to DSD+ (virtual audio cable, line-in input, basically anything from the computer's sound card)

I just want to add a little more to this reply. It's a good answer but I wanted to add this: Passive Monitor is the main mode you would use when monitoring non-trunked channels, TCP linked or otherwise. All other modes are for following trunked systems. But this one is your "conventional" monitoring mode.

Hope this helps and I hope it doesn't come across as saying Whiskey's answer isn't correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.