DSD+ FastLane Purchase Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

simpilo

I would like to have P25 Phase II support and DSD+ Fastlane is the best option at this time as Unitrunker and Trunk88 won't support it. My local public safety is moving to P25 Phase II this year. I would like a link to send the $10 USD without the need for a PayPal account.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I would like to have P25 Phase II support and DSD+ Fastlane is the best option at this time as Unitrunker and Trunk88 won't support it. My local public safety is moving to P25 Phase II this year. I would like a link to send the $10 USD without the need for a PayPal account.

That isn't going to happen. The one and only way to pay is via Paypal as far as i know. Good luck with an alternative method.

S

simpilo

I took the risk. hopefully PayPal behaves and sends him the money so he can send me the fastlane to the email I provided in the note. I hope DSD Plus Fastlane doesn't lag in response. What's the usual response time frame for new purchasers?

Last edited:
S

simpilo

Good Job! They usually respond pretty quickly, within 2 days or so, provided that all the info is in order :)

I provided in the paypal note sending money to DSDPlus Fastlane First name Last name Email Address and verified 1 year of DSD Faltlane updates $10usd. $1.58 additional processing fee is not bad.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I provided in the paypal note sending money to DSDPlus Fastlane First name Last name Email Address and verified 1 year of DSD Faltlane updates $10usd. $1.58 additional processing fee is not bad.

I'm sure you won't have any issues. Just make sure you look in both your inbox and spam folders for any incoming mail. Depending upon who your email provider is, they might dump the incoming email into a spam folder instead of Inbox. If you can whitelist an email address, whitelist dsdplusfastlane@gmail.com .

It (the author) will get your order taken care of pretty quickly I'm sure. Like Brent says, usually not more than two days and, more often, much sooner than that.

S

simpilo

I'm sure you won't have any issues. Just make sure you look in both your inbox and spam folders for any incoming mail. Depending upon who your email provider is, they might dump the incoming email into a spam folder instead of Inbox. If you can whitelist an email address, whitelist dsdplusfastlane@gmail.com .

It (the author) will get your order taken care of pretty quickly I'm sure. Like Brent says, usually not more than two days and, more often, much sooner than that.

I used Yahoo and added their email address in contacts in hopes Yahoo behaves! Gosh I hope its less than 10 mb file!

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I used Yahoo and added their email address in contacts in hopes Yahoo behaves! Gosh I hope its less than 10 mb file!

It is. In fact, the email is only a text file. It will contain a link to your download as well as a password that you will use when opening the zipfile that you have downloaded. No executables or zips are sent by the author via email. Just links :) Just remember to keep every Fast Lane email that you receive. That way, if you have to re-download one of the last two or three versions you will be able to.

Now that I think about it, I know that the normal FastLane updates are distributed via links in an email. But for a new subscriber, there may be more data sent and conceivably that could be sent via email. Either way, it definitely will be less than 10 MB. DSDPlus is a lean machine.

S

simpilo

It is. In fact, the email is only a text file. It will contain a link to your download as well as a password that you will use when opening the zipfile that you have downloaded. No executables or zips are sent by the author via email. Just links :)

I am very excited at the news! Thanks so much for giving me peace of mind. I am usually a very leary person when it comes to this method of payment and used to receiving downloads after a successful purchase. I need the P25 Phase II so I can continue with my beloved hobby of SDR monitoring OKCPD when their P25 PII system is completed. I will add that I do believe in supporting developers as long as I have the purchasing power to. If I don't then I will wait till I have that purchasing power within my budget. :)

S

simpilo

It is. In fact, the email is only a text file. It will contain a link to your download as well as a password that you will use when opening the zipfile that you have downloaded. No executables or zips are sent by the author via email. Just links :) Just remember to keep every Fast Lane email that you receive. That way, if you have to re-download one of the last two or three versions you will be able to.

Now that I think about it, I know that the normal FastLane updates are distributed via links in an email. But for a new subscriber, there may be more data sent and conceivably that could be sent via email. Either way, it definitely will be less than 10 MB. DSDPlus is a lean machine.

Oh thanks for the additional information. I will place those in a new folder in my email so they will be preserved for times IF the system crashes so bad I need to re-install windows. That way I am not in the dark, I also back up compressed archives and any passwords or product keys needed to a usb flash drive. I done this many times in my unrelated Flight simulation hobby buying add-ons.

Much appreciated.
Now the waiting game

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Oh thanks for the additional information. I will place those in a new folder in my email so they will be preserved for times IF the system crashes so bad I need to re-install windows. That way I am not in the dark, I also back up compressed archives and any passwords or product keys needed to a usb flash drive. I done this many times in my unrelated Flight simulation hobby buying add-ons.

Much appreciated.
Now the waiting game

I think you'll be in good shape. I have 100% confidence that your product will be delivered. And it's wise of you to back up all that you do back up. I've purchased many product keys for things over the years, misplaced them, and then was unable to get new ones because the author disappeared lol.

S

simpilo

That came fast! I now have the newest version. All I needed was the dll files. They didnt send me previous versions. Seems this is a whole new version 2.165 with my name and email in event log :) It is working!!

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
That came fast! I now have the newest version. All I needed was the dll files. They didnt send me previous versions. Seems this is a whole new version 2.165 with my name and email in event log :) It is working!!

Yessir. They are quite personalized. Of course, that would mean that you don't want to hand it out to your friends lol. Glad you got it!

S

simpilo

Yessir. They are quite personalized. Of course, that would mean that you don't want to hand it out to your friends lol. Glad you got it!

Mine copy! mine copy! noone else can have!! Pretty cleaner than 1.01 but 1.01 (public version). Now to learn how to do P25 PII trunking with it. This will be a long learning lesson because I never used DSD+ for trunking before. Just voice decoding lol!!

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Mine copy! mine copy! noone else can have!! Pretty cleaner than 1.01 but 1.01 (public version). Now to learn how to do P25 PII trunking with it. This will be a long learning lesson because I never used DSD+ for trunking before. Just voice decoding lol!!

Aside from handling P25 PII, one other thing you will probably like (once you figure it out) is the TCP linking. In a full trunking setup you have two dongles, run two copies of FMP24 via batch files, and run two copies of DSDPlus via batch files. The configurations are such that the FMP24 + DSDPlus setups are TCP-linked together (connected over IP to transport data) rather than using the clumsy VB Cable / VAC cable.

I can't remember if a new distribution comes with sample FMP24-CC.bat, FMP24-VC.bat, CC.bat and VC.bat files. But you are going to want to set them up if you don't have them, or configure them properly if you do have them.

Ask if you need help. I'd be glad to assist. Just tell me that you have two RTL devices (dongles or Airspys, or combination thereof) to work with.

S

simpilo

Aside from handling P25 PII, one other thing you will probably like (once you figure it out) is the TCP linking. In a full trunking setup you have two dongles, run two copies of FMP24 via batch files, and run two copies of DSDPlus via batch files. The configurations are such that the FMP24 + DSDPlus setups are TCP-linked together (connected over IP to transport data) rather than using the clumsy VB Cable / VAC cable.

I can't remember if a new distribution comes with sample FMP24-CC.bat, FMP24-VC.bat, CC.bat and VC.bat files. But you are going to want to set them up if you don't have them, or configure them properly if you do have them.

Ask if you need help. I'd be glad to assist. Just tell me that you have two RTL devices (dongles or Airspys, or combination thereof) to work with.

I used 2 RTL-SDR's for trunking. I am also enclosing what is in my DSD Plus folder in a image.

Attachments

• whatisindsdpflfolder.jpg
    whatisindsdpflfolder.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 39

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I used 2 RTL-SDR's for trunking. I am also enclosing what is in my DSD Plus folder in a image.

Ok it looks like you have some, but not all. Mainly missing the CC.bat and VC.bat. Some settings are particular to a given setup. Do you have dongles that require you to add in a PPM adjustment for drift? Or are they dongles with low-ppm TCXOs? That'll matter, since on dongles where you have to compensate for drift one must add an additional parameter to the lines in FMP24 to adjust for drift properly.

What is your DSDPlus output audio line? If you run "dsdplus" all by iself, as soon as it starts up it lists the various audio sources and destinations (inputs and outputs). Can you tell me which audio output is your speakers?

For instance, when I start DSDPlus all by itself, in the command window it shows my audio sources / destinations (yours will be different). My audio output device for the speakers is "audio output device #1". What is yours?

audio input device #1 = 'Internal Mic (IDT High Definiti'
audio input device #2 = 'Line 1 (Virtual Audio Cable)'
audio input device #3 = 'Line 3 (Virtual Audio Cable)'
audio input device #4 = 'Line 4 (Virtual Audio Cable)'
audio input device #5 = 'Jack Mic (IDT High Definition A'
audio input device #6 = 'Line 2 (Virtual Audio Cable)'

audio output device #1 = 'Speakers / Headphones (IDT High'
audio output device #2 = 'Line 4 (Virtual Audio Cable)'
audio output device #3 = 'Communications Headphones (IDT '
audio output device #4 = 'Line 3 (Virtual Audio Cable)'
audio output device #5 = 'Line 1 (Virtual Audio Cable)'
audio output device #6 = 'Line 2 (Virtual Audio Cable)'

audio input device #1 (Internal Mic (IDT High Definiti) initialized
audio output device #1 (Speakers / Headphones (IDT High) initialized

S

simpilo

Ok it looks like you have some, but not all. Mainly missing the CC.bat and VC.bat. Some settings are particular to a given setup. Do you have dongles that require you to add in a PPM adjustment for drift? Or are they dongles with low-ppm TCXOs? That'll matter, since on dongles where you have to compensate for drift one must add an additional parameter to the lines in FMP24 to adjust for drift properly.

What is your DSDPlus output audio line? If you run "dsdplus" all by iself, as soon as it starts up it lists the various audio sources and destinations (inputs and outputs). Can you tell me which audio output is your speakers?

For instance, when I start DSDPlus all by itself, in the command window it shows my audio sources / destinations (yours will be different). My audio output device for the speakers is "audio output device #1". What is yours?

audio input device #1 = 'Internal Mic (IDT High Definiti'
audio input device #2 = 'Line 1 (Virtual Audio Cable)'
audio input device #3 = 'Line 3 (Virtual Audio Cable)'
audio input device #4 = 'Line 4 (Virtual Audio Cable)'
audio input device #5 = 'Jack Mic (IDT High Definition A'
audio input device #6 = 'Line 2 (Virtual Audio Cable)'

audio output device #1 = 'Speakers / Headphones (IDT High'
audio output device #2 = 'Line 4 (Virtual Audio Cable)'
audio output device #3 = 'Communications Headphones (IDT '
audio output device #4 = 'Line 3 (Virtual Audio Cable)'
audio output device #5 = 'Line 1 (Virtual Audio Cable)'
audio output device #6 = 'Line 2 (Virtual Audio Cable)'

audio input device #1 (Internal Mic (IDT High Definiti) initialized
audio output device #1 (Speakers / Headphones (IDT High) initialized

An image of what the sound system it has reported. looks small but works. Both dongles have a 0.5 ppm tcxo. I would tell DSD+ to use a ppm of .5 if allowed if not then 0ppm should be fine.

Attachments

• soundiesoundsoundsound.jpg
    soundiesoundsoundsound.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 29
Status
Not open for further replies.