DSD+ Fastlane setup guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
A few users in another thread were having some issues getting going and I offered to write them a guide with what worked for me. Thought I would post it here so others can find it easier. Since my guide didn't come in until the second page of that other thread and a good bit of it was off topic I thought it best to start a new thread. I know some people have a hard time following along with the YouTube tutorials and some others don't have an internet connection good enough to support a resolution where you can actually see what's happening very well. Disclaimer, I'm still learning myself and will update the guide as needed. It's far from perfect but it's what got me listening so I hope it will do the same for others. If you're new I HIGHLY encourage you to read all the notes in your DSD folder. The guide is divided in a few parts from driver install to 1 & 2 dongle monitoring as well as adding RR files. Start with the PDF and go from there. Happy monitoring!

Hung

A few users in another thread were having some issues getting going and I offered to write them a guide with what worked for me. Thought I would post it here so others can find it easier. Since my guide didn't come in until the second page of that other thread and a good bit of it was off topic I thought it best to start a new thread. I know some people have a hard time following along with the YouTube tutorials and some others don't have an internet connection good enough to support a resolution where you can actually see what's happening very well. Disclaimer, I'm still learning myself and will update the guide as needed. It's far from perfect but it's what got me listening so I hope it will do the same for others. If you're new I HIGHLY encourage you to read all the notes in your DSD folder. The guide is divided in a few parts from driver install to 1 & 2 dongle monitoring as well as adding RR files. Start with the PDF and go from there. Happy monitoring!

Love This idea. Would love to see Something about Setting up Fastlane for DMR, And NEXEDGE. The Data Base pictures i believe are to big? As they show like 67KB big, and when i try to open them they never loaded. Just a blank picture window that froze. So i can't speak on that, but the PDF looked beautiful as was easy as hell to understand. Thanks a lot!

slicerwizard

You're instructing users to download RRDB information and then overwrite DSD+ data files instead of copy/pasting the text into them. So each system download would obliterate the previous one...

Also going with editing batch files instead of adding an entry to the site loader file or even just using the DSD+ Startup Options menu to control what system/site gets monitored.

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
Didn't even cross my mind with overwriting systems. I only monitor one so I didn't think about that. I'll update to cover that. The batch file edit also stems from the same issue. I only monitor one site on the one system as it carries all the traffic I need. Glad you brought that up though. I'll make some edits.

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
Love This idea. Would love to see Something about Setting up Fastlane for DMR, And NEXEDGE. The Data Base pictures i believe are to big? As they show like 67KB big, and when i try to open them they never loaded. Just a blank picture window that froze. So i can't speak on that, but the PDF looked beautiful as was easy as hell to understand. Thanks a lot!

I'll try loading them on another computer. That may have been an error on my end. Sounds like I need to edit that part of the guide anyway after the issue slicerwizard brought up. Like I said, I'm not an expert, it was just got me up and going in the right direction. Glad you found some of it useful though. Definitely a work in progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.