DSDPlus DSD+ Fastlane updated - v2.256

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewraith2008

Code:
DSD+ 2.256

Fixed current/seen groups window lockup.

Significantly reduced current/seen groups/radios windows CPU usage.

Fixed single receiver mode voice following of NEXEDGE DFA systems.

If you are using v2.254, it is advised to update to v2.256.
- See the 2.254 thread for details.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I've been running 2.256 for about 4 hours now and have had zero issues with freezing etc....

nezza

I've been comparing the RIDs in the 'Event Log' to what is being logged in the 'All Current Radios' and it appears that some RIDs are being missed. Anyone else notice this or is there something I have overlooked?

dmedia

Yes, I noticed DSD + passes empty traffic.

It was also noted that if the RID was previously recorded in group 1 in the DSDPlus.radios file, then it remains there even if the RID is currently in group 2. This creates an incorrect representation. I ask developers to fix it!

shajoe44

I am not getting a particular talkgroup to show up in the Current Groups window. It shows the fire and ems groups but will not show the police. It is a very small DMR Cap+ system. The radio ID's are not showing up either for police talkgroup.

ciscovk

Premium Subscriber
Are there any C++ programmers who can write DSD + for dPMR voice decoding/CC etc. (under my terms of references)? Please, send a message in direct to me.

mrscanner2008

Premium Subscriber

stmills

My Computer rebooted overnight after a crash and my DSDPlus.radios file in now completely empty as others have noted since the new screens were added. I have a backup of the file, but this had not ever happened to me, until the really cool new Radios and Groups seen screens were added.

stmills

I am pretty sure it was a PC crash not a DSD crash - this is an infrequent issue with my PC. However only since 2.254 have I had issues with data loss when it crashes.

SaSal

And pretty sure its only a write on changes file - so even then .. if it was empty then really it was not really current or should have got malformed data vs just empty - what is the source of the PC frequently crashing ? if it has anything to do with the IO systems -from disk thru to paging issues makes it pretty hard to definitively know what is happening at a application level.

All I can add is so far running 3 systems on 2 machines and not had any issues.

bheisner

Premium Subscriber
I'm still unable to get 2.256 to working with a NXDN CC.

When monitoring a NXDN CC with 2.205, I see the following site info and channel info

NEXEDGE96 Site:L151-1 RAN:1 NL:-

Ch Tx Freq Pri Target TgtAlias Source ScrAlias
3 CC

When monitoring the same NXDN CC with 2.228, 2.254 and 2.256, I don't see any NXDN site info or channel info at all. The only site info that even shows up is "NEXEDG96 TB". I'm not see any site info or CC info with these version of DSD+

I've attached the screenshots for 2.205, 2.228 and 2.256.

Attachments

• 2.228 Screens.png
    2.228 Screens.png
    469.6 KB · Views: 46
  • 2.256 Screens.png
    2.256 Screens.png
    529.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 2.205 Screens.png
    2.205 Screens.png
    454.7 KB · Views: 39

cg

Premium Subscriber
Have you populated the Network, Sites, and Frequencies files with the entries for this system?

bheisner

Premium Subscriber
Have you populated the Network, Sites, and Frequencies files with the entries for this system?

No. I'm not even sure how to do that.

What happens if you encounter a NXDN site that has never been logged before? How would decode the Site ID and CC info?

Is there a way to make it work like it did with version 2.205? The 2.205 version showed you the Site ID and CC info without updating the Network Site and frequency files.

Status
Not open for further replies.