DSDPlus DSD+ Fastlane updated - v2.268

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewraith2008

Note that you may need to update
base dll files in this version to stop the missing dll or wrong checksum messages.

Code:
Change Log
----------

DSD+ 2.268

Fixed P25 channel 0-0 handling.

Significantly improved Fusion decoding.

Added dPMR link control display and AMBE+2 voice synthesis.  dPMR decoding has to be enabled.

Modified site loader window operation:

Controlled by mouse / pointer device only; no keyboard inputs.

Left or right click on an entry to highlight it.

Left click highlighted entry to tune to it and close site loader window.

Right click highlighted entry to tune to it and leave site loader window open.

Added direct connection mode:

Connects DSD+ to FMPA/FMPP/FMP24 without using network.

Use -i<linkID> on DSD+ command line for direct connection.

Use -iT<addr:port> on DSD+ command line for TCP link to remote PC.

Added integrity check for lame_enc.dll file; correct file is in DLL bundle at dsdplus.com

Added menu entry to download newest base files.  Provides access to up to date copies of
    all DSD+ companion programs, configuration files, batch files, data files and required DLLs.

FMP24 2.70

Added direct connection mode:

Connects DSD+ to FMPA/FMPP/FMP24 without using network.

Use -o<linkID> on FMPA/FMPP/FMP24 command line for direct connection.

Use -oT<addr:port> on FMPA/FMPP/FMP24 command line for TCP link to remote PC.

Added I/Q data loss diagnostic mode; Press L key to start/stop data loss test.

Added DLL files integrity checks.  Required DLLs must be present in FMP24's working folder.
    Missing DLLs can be acquired via the DSD+ Download Newest Base Files menu entry.

FMPA 2.37

Added direct connection mode; see FMP24 notes above.

Added DLL files integrity checks; see FMP24 notes above.

FMPP 1.15

Added direct connection mode; see FMP24 notes above.

Added DLL files integrity checks; see FMP24 notes above.

Fixed IF gain set bug.

Updated to SDRPlay API version 3.07

sdrplay_api.dll

DLL for SDRPlay API version 3.07; this file should be in FMPP's working folder.

Last edited by a moderator:

thewraith2008

I've noticed that you can no longer use updated/current versions of the following non DSD+ maintained DLLs because of a checksum test that DSD+ now does:
  • libusb-1.0.dll
  • rtlsdr.dll
  • lame_enc.dll
This probably also applies to some of the other DLLs too.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I just installed the v2.268 update (copied the updated files into my dsd folder,) but did not get any dll checksum errors.

thewraith2008

Actually, if any base files are required do as the Notes.txt mention. (y)
Added menu entry to download newest base files. Provides access to up to date copies of
all DSD+ companion programs, configuration files, batch files, data files and required DLLs.
You will still need to manual extract what you need from it after it downloads to DSD+ folder.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I should clarify: I did not get any checksum errors running dsd after copying the files included with the v 2.268 update. The program ran normally, and decoded a P25P2 system using fmp24 (2 rtl-sdrs.)

thewraith2008

Most people probably (hopefully) won't see any error.

I posted what I saw because I had three updated DLLs (mentioned above) that DSD+ no longer likes.
Someone else may run across this same problem.

Not should why DSD+ feels it necessary to lock in these files from using updated DLLs.

air-scan

What do I use for link ID in the DSD+ command line to connect with FMP24 without TCP?

Edit: I figured it out. Same thing as TCP linking but its changed to :Direct Connection" without TCP

Last edited:

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I am having two problems with the new version that I did not have with the previous version.

FMPP can not find msvcr90.dll in the current working folder. I do have it on my system under the Windows Side by Side folder,

I can not download the new base files because DSDPlus can not open any audio output device. I get an audio output device open failed error.

73 Eric

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

All of a sudden DSDPlus started to work. It can now open any audio output device.

Also the msvcr90.dll is in the new base files zip, so you will need that to run with the SDRplay devuces.

73 Eric

R0am3r

Salt Water Conch
Premium Subscriber
When I started FMPP v1.15, the app politely informed me "This copy of FMPP is designed for SDRPlay Service v3.07 only, but SDRPlay API Service v3.07 was not detected." Yes, my system was still running the SDRPlay API service v3.06. When I clicked the OK button to ignore this error, it still worked with my SDRPlay RSP1 (not the 1a model). Very nice. Upgrading the API service makes the error go away.

If you don't want to upgrade the SDRPlay API Service and stay with v3.06, you can also use FMPP v1.13 (delivered in DSDPlus v2.246). This configuration happily works perfectly with my RSP1. Please note that I have tested FMPP v1.13 and v1.15 with my RSP1 and both work perfectly with the local NXDN and P25 trunked systems.

Thanks to the DSDPlus Fastlane folks for adding the option to "Download Newest Base Files". I needed this feature to download the msvcr90.dll file.

Edit - Eric, glad you got it working.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
msvcr90.dll does come in the new base files download.... but that's weird about the audio issue. I haven't seen anything like that on my multiple machines running the newest release.

ScanRite

Premium Subscriber
I can not download the new base files because DSDPlus can not open any audio output device. I get an audio output device open failed error.
73 Eric
I had the same issue, DSD was frozen. For anyone else that's stuck:

1. Shut DSD down
2. Move the DSDPlus.bin file out of the folder.
3. Start DSD and then download the new base files.
4. Shut DSD down.
5. Extract base files to your DSD folder.
6. Move DSDPlus.bin back into the folder.
7. Restart DSD.

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

One possible caveat about having a separate base files download. In the ReadMe.txt file it says under the Executables folder section:
It is safe to copy all of these files to your DSD+ folder at any time.

This is true for the current v2.268 release, since the files in the release zip and the basefiles zip are the same. If a future release zip file has updated versions of the executables (or dlls), then copying from the basefile zip will copy the older version.

It is possible the release zip file will only have the main executable for now on. You would also download the basefiles zip to get the rest of the update. Regardless, it seems a good strategy to download the basefiles zip when any of the files in the basefiles zip are updated in a release zip.

73 Eric

mrc333777

Premium Subscriber
i have hide current seen radios / hide low priority groups selected. for some reason --- unk keeps showing up. any way to hide those?

grosminet

hello

I have trouble with my batch file (working fine for years)

dsdplus -i127.0.0.1:20002 -p -fa -v4

"invalid line command parameter"

what would be the good syntax ?

thanks

Last edited:

mrc333777

Premium Subscriber
this is what i used to use

dsd.bat file

d:
cd d:\RF\dvb\DSDPlus2
start FMP24 -a1 -f858.5125 -g9.0 -i1 -o20001 -P0 -rc -_1