DSD+ Fastlane v2.246 - Write failure - 1R-DSDPlus.wav

Status
Not open for further replies.

AB9NN

Premium Subscriber
Soon after starting DSD+ in scan mode I receive the following error message. I am wondering about the file it is trying to write to: 1R-DSDPlus.wav. Is it possible that my virus software is creating this error? I get no notices from Norton. Here is my start-up batch file contents:

START FMP24 -i2 -o20009 -P0.0 -s1 -v150 -_2 -g47
START DSDPlus -e -fa -i20009 -m1 -_15

Here is the full detail of the error message.

1R DSD+2.246 ERROR
Write failure.

Address:42A7BE File handle 1920 Block:19F72C
Block size 640 Bytes written: 0
Filename: 'C:\_Files\SDR - Software Defined Radio\sdsgaro-x86\dsd+FASTLANE-DMR-Working-Conventional-Scanning\1R-DSDPlus.wav'

a417

U+0000
is that really a hardspace leading the FILES in that path?
This looks more like a write permissions or a pathing issue than a big bad virus...maybe even a disc hardware issue.

AB9NN

Premium Subscriber
is that really a hardspace leading the FILES in that path?
This looks more like a write permissions or a pathing issue than a big bad virus...maybe even a disc hardware issue.
It's "_Files" in the path - simply so it sorts to the top of my folder list in Explorer. There are hard spaces elsewhere in the Windows 10 path.
I start three instances of DSD+ and this is the only one that has this failure. Attempting whitelist but even if it cures it still doesn't explain why the other two don't also error off. They all have had active frequency use in scan mode.

a417

U+0000
Is the disk good? It's saying it's a write error. Look at the SMART logs. You're too quick to blame the software/virus when it looks more like filesystem/hardware from my desk

wgbecks

Jon,

As a point to further troubleshoot this error message, please add -O nul to your START DSDPlus -e -fa -i20009 -m1 -_15 line in your batch file.
Restart DSDPlus and see if the error message goes away. If it does then possibly you have a hardware conflict with the PC's audio device(s).

Let me know either way to include a brief list of your PC audio devices, if more than the default windows sound device exists.
If a hardware conflict does exist then then you'll likely need to specify the audio output device in your DSDPlus startup batch file.

Bill

a417

U+0000
I would just try manually deleting the wav file.
What do you think the percentage of DSD+ users are that actually use that file for anything? It almost seems to me that it should default the other way with -O NUL being standard.

a417

U+0000
[OT] I read some post where some guy had a file that was like...3.2 GB in size, and didn't know if he could delete it and it was just taking up space. That's a stupid problem to have. That's stupid IO to be wasting. That's stupid write cycles on SSD (if applicable). People are just backing up entire folders (rather than the essential file set) and would be having multiple, incremental multi gigabyte files burning up space and have no idea why. When I was diving into the innards of the program and got that part figured out, I was like 'wtf, why is that default set'?.

On OP25, my local repos has defaults for my locale, so I don't have to feed it command parameters like this.
[/OT]

Status
Not open for further replies.