DSD+ FL 2.113 and P25 trunking "EXTERNAL" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheButcher

I am monitoring a VHF / UHF trunk system. I realise that "EXTERNAL means that say, if I am monitoring VHF, the radio is on UHF.

Is there any way of using 2 dongles and 2 lots of FMP24 to sent both signals into DSD+ FL (CC) simultaneously? Or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

ps. This would be a cool system if implemented.

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
External means that the radio transmitting is not on the system and patched in. I see it frequently with Dispatch Centers in my area who still Dispatch on vhf but all of the mobile traffic is on the trunked system. External means the source of the transmission is external to the trunked system and patched in.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

TheButcher

Hi rbrtklamp2 !

Here VHF is used in cars and most likely on base station. UHF is used by hand-helds and for car repeaters.

With a signal on say talk group 5, the signal needs to be broadcast on both VHF & UHF.

What I'd like to see is the P25 I.D. come up and not "EXTERNAL".

Can this be done by feeding both VHF AND UHF data into DSD+ from 2 sources??? Naturally the data streams can not be mixed together such as say, combining left and right audio into mono (audio).

Thanks.

TheButcher

Edit...

"the signal needs to be broadcast on both VHF & UHF."

For both VHF & UHF stations to receive said signal.

hrh17

it usually only shows the radio id on the control channel feed when the unit is affiliated and transmits from that site otherwise it shows "external"

TheButcher

" it usually only shows the radio id on the control channel feed when the unit is affiliated and transmits from that site otherwise it shows "external" "

Oh ok. Bugger... So one would have to somehow feed data in from FMP24 from more than 2 "sites"... Drats !

Thanks for clarifying that for me Mr. hrh17...

Status
Not open for further replies.