DSD+ Garbled Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I'm running DSD+ with SDR# and also feeding the signal to DMRDecode. Right now I'm monitoring a MotoTrbo Connect Plus site.

I'm getting pretty good results with DMRDecode with regard to seeing talk groups and other data. There are some error messages, but not a lot.

The control channel occupies one slot, voice on the other. What I'm running in to is garbled audio. I don't think that there is any form of encryption, but the audio is unintelligible.

DSD+ shows the following,

-DMR slot1 BS DATA ERR2 CC=2 Unknown TypeE
-DMR slot2 BS DATA ERR2 CC=2 Rate 3/4 Data

DMR Decode shows,,

3:12:03PM DMR Voice Frame with Embedded Signalling
CACH:TACT Ch 1 First fragment of CSBK
EMB:Colour Code 0 Single fragment LC
3:12:03PM Embedded Singl Block LC:Null

Both of those were at the same time (3:12PM).

I can send longer logs to someone via email if they want to see more.

I'm still trying to get an idea of what the various data messages mean. I've started reading the Wiki, but still have only a very basic idea of what I'm seeing.

I'd like to be able to hear the audio as that might help me figure out who the users are and connect them to particular Talk Groups.

Thanks.

racingfan360

It would be helpful to see the output of DSDPlus whenever you hear the garbled audio output via DSD+. Either post here or PM me and I'll take a look for you.

garys

Premium Subscriber
It would be helpful to see the output of DSDPlus whenever you hear the garbled audio output via DSD+. Either post here or PM me and I'll take a look for you.

I have the audio file recorded, but don't see a way to save what I see on the screen. If you can point me to that, I can set up DSD+ and run it for a while.

racingfan360

Sorry, I meant post the text shown in DMRDecode when you hear garbled audio.

So run DSD+ and DMRDecode together. When you hear the garbled audio, I'd like to see the text that DMRDecode displays at that point in time. You can copy the text from the screen in DMRDecode using View > Copy All to Clipboard.

br0adband

Type the regular command line to feed that audio file to DSD+ so you can listen to it but make one change - at the very end of the line add the following additional command:

> dsd_output_log.txt

or use some other filename that you want. What that will do is - in addition to everything else that DSD+ will do with the rest of the commands/switches - is create a text file called dsd_output_log.txt or whatever filename you choose which contains all that text that scrolls by just for that one instance of DSD+. So the command to play an audio file and do the output text file might look like this (for a DMR raw file):

dsdplus.exe <raw_input_file.wav -fr > dsd_output_log.txt

Of course use whatever you named your DSD+ executable, I renamed mine to just dsd.exe since it's in a folder separate from the original DSD. Should be simple enough to figure out.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Sorry, I meant post the text shown in DMRDecode when you hear garbled audio.

So run DSD+ and DMRDecode together. When you hear the garbled audio, I'd like to see the text that DMRDecode displays at that point in time. You can copy the text from the screen in DMRDecode using View > Copy All to Clipboard.

Oh, that's easy. I'll run a new file. I set DMRDecode to show good data and error codes as well. I've been running it on a trunk system control channel, but can run it on my town's DPW channel which is VHF simplex. They only use one slot, at least it seems that way.

Which ever works better for you, just let me know.

garys

Premium Subscriber
DSD plus txt file attached. I'll work on a DMR Decode file next

Attachments

• dsd_foxboro_log.txt
    145.1 KB · Views: 560
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.