DSD+ got messed up by ScannerCast

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDR_Anderson

Feed Provider
Hello everybody!

I have been trying to get my dongle based SDR system live on Broadcastify. The installation was running really well until I installed/ran ScannerCast.

Somehow the DSD+ had quit decoding. I think. In the window that used to show the calls and the results isn't showing any activity.

I have always started DSD+ with a shortcut straight to the DSDplus EXE.

I have been searching and trying to decipher all the command line options, but it's just overwhelming.

Can anyone give me a clue or point me to a more understandable resource?

Thanks very much.

Reconrider

I have been searching and trying to decipher all the command line options, but it's just overwhelming.
They are in the dsdplus.txt, fmpa.txt, fmp24.txt, also look at notes.txt.

"Deciphering" all the command line args will be in the first 3 text files I mentioned.

SDR_Anderson

Feed Provider
They are in the dsdplus.txt, fmpa.txt, fmp24.txt, also look at notes.txt.

"Deciphering" all the command line args will be in the first 3 text files I mentioned.
You wouldn't happen to know why or how ScannerCast changed that would you?
And thanks very much. Oh wait, I still don't know what to do.

Reconrider

1) You wouldn't happen to know why or how ScannerCast changed that would you?
2) And thanks very much. Oh wait, I still don't know what to do.

1)I have no idea. Try opening scannercast first then open dsd see if that fixes anything

2) I can't help you as I don't know what the exact command you're using it. But if you have it set in a batch file for quick opening, fmp and dsd lines will have separate args that are used. Opening the DSDplus.txt file will tell you what arguments can be used with dsdplus.exe.
The same thing for fmp24/fmpa(2 different applications) will work for those files.

Here's a small example that I can think of.
-f for fmpa/fmp24 but in dsdplus.exe, cap "F" will forget the current system by pressing that in the event activity screen.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Try creating a batch file using the following lines to make Help files (all the commands) and run it for each new version:
DSDPlus -h >DSDPlus_help.txt
FMP24 -h >FMP24_help.txt
Most is obvious but for anything that you don't understand, search the Notes.txt file or do a RR search.

Otherwise, post exactly what you don't understand, as a general complaint of "it is overwhelming" or "I still don't understand" is not at all helpful to figure out where you are having problems.

slicerwizard

To use ScannerCast with DSD+, I assume that one has to set up a virtual audio cable to route the DSD+ output audio to ScannerCast. Adding virtual audio cables will likely change WaveIn and WaveOut device numbers. If the OP was already using a WaveIn device to feed DSD+, its device number may have been changed and now DSD+ could be using the wrong input source.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
It's likely what slicerwizard posted above. I use scannercast with DSD+ and it works just fine. I also use just FMP24 alone to feed analog audio to scannercast.

SDR_Anderson

Feed Provider
OK, actually, it just ran. On the first run after getting Unitrunker and VB cable setup, it just ran. I called dsdplus.exe with a shortcut on my desktop and it just ran. Really well.

BUT, (<---a really big but) I give up. I just wanted to have a scanner of my own without spending $600. With a huge benifit of surfing the very wide bandwidth that the RTL dongles have.

Thanks for the replies, just stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.