DSD+ "input audio stalled"

Status
Not open for further replies.

AeStein

Has anybody had this problem? I can't seem to figure out what causes it but it happens to me maybe every couple weeks or so. I haven't been able to fix the problem without doing an OS restart. I can shut down DSD+ and restart it... then it works for about a minute or two and then goes right back to streaming "audio input stalled - restarting" over and over. If anybody has any suggestions, I'd appreciate some feedback.

Attachments

• DSD_stalled.png
    DSD_stalled.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 469

jazzbassNick

Feed Provider
Do the sample rates match up between your output and input selections? I seem to recall seeing this but it was awhile ago when I was first playing with it and it wasn't an on-going issue for me.

AeStein

Yep.. all the sample rates between all the programs, windows, vac, and my broadcast feed are all matched up. I think it has something to do with SDR#, but that's barely an educated guess. When this happens with DSD+, my broadcast feed audio gets "crackly", for a lack of a better word. When I close down SDR#, the distortion in the broadcast audio goes away (DSD+ is unaffected though). The thing is, SDR# has nothing to do with the stream that's getting messed up. SDR# is doing something else, on it's own audio channel. So I don't know if it's the root cause or closing it just happens to change something that fixes the audio... I just can't say. Because I don't know what the root cause is, I can't purposefully induce the problem in order to troubleshoot it. The system is actively broadcasting to the net, so I can't just try shutting down certain programs, one by one, waiting a couple weeks to see if it happens or not. Oh ya... I forgot to mention... also, when DSD+ does it's thing, it also disconnects me from broadcastify, almost immediately. I can't reconnect until I close DSD+. The only reason I normally know it's happening is that I get the text message on my phone that my feed is down. I wrote a script to close down, reboot, reconnect, and start up the broadcast, that I can initiate from my phone so that when this happens when I'm not home, I can fix the problem without having to wait until I can get back to my computer. It's a fix, but definitely not an ideal one. I was hoping that somebody else might have some insight into the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.