DSD+ Input audio stalled

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabotaged

Premium Subscriber
My setup is Unitrunker (1.0.33.4) outputting ProVoice, via Virtual Audio Cable to DSD+ (1.101) for decoding.

This generally works great, however every 12-24 hours or so, DSD+ stops decoding -- spitting out this message in its console:

Input audio stalled - restarting

If I stop and start the Unitrunker receiver (not Unitrunker itself), I see DSD+ start to decode for few seconds, but then nothing.

If I restart DSD+, then restart the Unitrunker receiver, things start working.

I've tried using VB-Cable, but have the same issue.

Also, based on Virtual Audio Cable's control panel, I see the following events occur (at I assume the time when things stopped working):

07:49:08.858 Cable 1, capture stream 59: terminated
07:49:08.864 Cable 1, render stream 58: terminated
07:49:08:871 Cable 2, render stream 60: terminated
07:49:09.905 Cable 1, capture stream 61: ExtPCM/48000/16/2(3), created by process 7944 (audiodg), thread 25472

cable 1 is the virtual audio cable going between Unitrunker and DSD+.

My guess is DSD+ is detecting a problem with the audio stream, and trying to restart, but this isn't working well.

Anyone see this? I've only found one result on google, but the guy never seemed to find a solution. If I had the source code, I definitely think I could dig into this, as I've have relevant experience.

Alternatively, is trying vanilla/open source DSD worth it?

satboy8888

Yes but I just backed down to previous version of dsdplus, no issues now

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

sabotaged

Premium Subscriber
Yes but I just backed down to previous version of dsdplus, no issues now

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Sorry, what was the 'yes' in response to? Have you seen the same issue? Which version of DSD+ are you using now?

satboy8888

Sorry, what was the 'yes' in response to? Have you seen the same issue? Which version of DSD+ are you using now?
Yes, I've seen the issue "input stalled" though I haven't investigated further as you tried to do. I downgraded to 1074

racingfan360

Any chance this might be a power management and/or AV setting on your computer causing the application to stall?

sabotaged

Premium Subscriber
Any chance this might be a power management and/or AV setting on your computer causing the application to stall?

I think I've narrowed down the issue being related to windows user switching:

- If I remote desktop in to the PC (windows 10), then disconnect, DSD+ gets the audio input stall message
- If I login locally as another user, then login as the first user (where DSD+ is running), DSD+ gets the audio input stall message

Status
Not open for further replies.