DSD+ not decoding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mbr2002mbr

Hi everyone,
First post here and I don't know a ton about radios, especially in regards to SDR and digital radio.

Long story short, I have an SDR dongle. I am using DSD+ and SDRSharp. I can receive and hear FM stations with it, and I can hear the 'static' of non-decoded radio frequencies, but DSD+ just simply is not decoding. In fact, it seems to not be doing anything.

I have my SDR dongle driver installed properly via Zadig.

All of my audio/virtual cable settings are correct (to my knowledge)...

But DSD+ simply won't decode... or do anything for that matter. I will attach screenshots of everything (if you need more please contact me)...

If anyone can help me that would be much appreciated.1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG4.PNG5.PNG6.PNGCapture.PNG

rumcajs_tr

Hi, 32kHz bandwidth for digital in SDR# is too much - try 12.5kHz.
Other than that, I can't see if you have Virtual Audio Cable Input selected in the Output under Audio (in SDR#). The screen that you posted show just a part of field beginning wth "[Windows DirectSou", the rest is missing.
Other than that, it looks ok. Except you have no signal visible on the scope but I gues that you took the screenshot when there was no signal. What is your signal strength?

Mbr2002mbr

I switched it to 12.5kHz... no luck.

Virtual Audio Cable is selected in the output... it's just difficult for that tab to stay open when I take my screenshots.

The audio looks like this when I press 'play' on SDRSharp... but still no decoding or anything on the main DSD+ screen.78948

moonbounce

Not saying this will solve your problem but I would up the sample rate to 2.4. Also you have to find the correct setting for the Frequency correction PPM. All dongles have different settings, you need to find out what your dongle setting is.

Also int the Cable Output Properties the box needs to be checked and playback through this device should be Default Playback Device. Hope this helps.

Also your Cable Input Device should read " Default Communications Device".
MB

Last edited:

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Also at least show us a screenshot of you receiving a valid digital signal. Your screenshots show absolutely no signal. If there is no signal, there will be no decoding.

In SDR#, you should have it set to NFM, 12500 width max, and make absolutely positively sure that "Filter Audio" is DISABLED.

Mike

gh6406

Premium Subscriber
I would suggest setting the top slider control that is to the left of the Frequency digits to around 50db. The slider for Contrast on the right 2nd one down, set that so that your waterfall (bottom pane) is a medium blue, and the Range slider 3rd one down so that your scale on the left of the top pane goes 0 to 80 or 90.

apope930

New to the SDR hobby and I'm having the exact same issues with sdr# after setting up everything. I can however successfully decode my target frequency with FMP24.CC and 1r.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
New to the SDR hobby and I'm having the exact same issues with sdr# after setting up everything. I can however successfully decode my target frequency with FMP24.CC and 1r.

Then use FMP24 + DSDPlus. That's the recommended usage anyway. But if you must try SDR# and you can't get it to work, you should open a new thread specific to your issue rather than piggybacking on this one. Because saying "you have the exact same issue" doesn't tell us any more than the original poster told us.

You have to have a viable signal to decode in the first place. I'd recommend a signal at least 20 db above the noise floor for clear decode. You have to make sure that your dongle gain isn't turned up so high as to overload the dongle. And you have to make sure you can hear the signal reliably to begin with. And of course you have to use NFM, width 12500 (or 9500 or 4000 or 7900 depending upon mode), and you muse make sure "Filter Audio" is UNchecked.

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin

And of course, screenshots and a rundown of exactly what you are running is helpful. You have provided zero information thus far ;)

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.