DSD+ p25 Decoding Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

miked0130

Just create it yourself with a text editor (like Notepad if you are on Windows). Make sure it doesn't end in .txt when you save it.

Also, read all of the relevant TXT files -- such as Notes.txt, DSDPlus.txt and any other .txt files. In Notes.txt, search for 'scanlist' to find where it talks about the scanlist files.

Mike

Thanks so much! Is there an example of the format it needs to be in?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Thanks so much! Is there an example of the format it needs to be in?

Like I mentioned before, read the TXT files. Notes.TXT and FMP.txt. Scanlists are covered in FMP.txt, updated info on scanlists is contained in Notes.TXT.

1. create FMP24.ScanList (a blank text file)
2. Populate it with relevant info
3. Press "S" in FMP24 to activate

And, if you have more questions about FMP24.scanlist, search the forums with the Search button at the top right -- FMP24.scanlist

Mike

miked0130

Like I mentioned before, read the TXT files. Notes.TXT and FMP.txt. Scanlists are covered in FMP.txt, updated info on scanlists is contained in Notes.TXT.

1. create FMP24.ScanList (a blank text file)
2. Populate it with relevant info
3. Press "S" in FMP24 to activate

And, if you have more questions about FMP24.scanlist, search the forums with the Search button at the top right -- FMP24.scanlist

Mike

Thank you! I was able to find that file and read some information about it. I can get it to scan now but it doesnt seem to be stopping during a transmission. I will keep looking into it. Thanks again.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Be sure you have all the digital modes turned on if you don't know the mode used. Also, if there is any analog traffic, you need to enable that.

miked0130

Be sure you have all the digital modes turned on if you don't know the mode used. Also, if there is any analog traffic, you need to enable that.

I am trying to pickup P25, DMR and analog. How do I enable the analog traffic?

My scan list follows the template below

853.450 P25 Fire Dispatch
145.700 DMR Local Simplex

miked0130

Thank you I’ll give that a try!

It still doesn’t seem to want to stop on anything when it scans. Very odd. I even setup the scan list with a simplex DMR frequency and transmitted on my handheld DMR radio and it wouldn’t stop.

miked0130

I am bringing this back up again in case anyone has any other ideas. I am still having issues getting the scan feature to stop on any DMR channels. I have them set to DMR in the .scanlist as well as played with all the possible bandwidths you could think of. What happens is it stops for a second and then keeps scanning, even though the delay is set to 5 seconds.

a417

Lets take the scanning out of the picture and get you to reliably decode DMR first.

miked0130

Yes, it will decode DMR perfectly if I leave it on the channel. I am simply transmitting on my DMR handheld to test it out. The FMP window clearly shows a spike on the frequency but it just jumps over it.

silberj

take out the protocol and try. This was happening when folks would put both "P25" and a "Delay=x" in their entry. Removing the "P25" allowed it to work. DSD+ normally detects and decodes automatically.

miked0130

take out the protocol and try. This was happening when folks would put both "P25" and a "Delay=x" in their entry. Removing the "P25" allowed it to work. DSD+ normally detects and decodes automatically.

I think this may have done it. It is not 100% reliable but it's not stoping more times than not and decoding it properly. I appreciate it. I will keep at it. Thank you!

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
i'll add that I screwed around with SDR# and VB audio cable crap for a year.... within an hour I had FMPA.exe working 100% better than SDR# ever even thought about running. Get FastLane. it works.

doug
I agree and realizing, at least in my situation, SDR# just does not do it for me. One I got DSDplus/Fastlane configured (Thanks to the great people here) I was off and running a heck of a lot quicker than I was getting set up with SDR#. I am sure to some people SDR# is a great program. I think the DSD/fastlane route is more efficient...less programs running to accomplish the task.

Status
Not open for further replies.