DSD+ Patched TalkGroup

Status
Not open for further replies.

astro_boy

I've got SDR dongle feeding unitrunker on a p25 trunking system which i listen to TG 10001 for example,
a nearby TG of 10002 (Which is locked out) is often patched into this the first TG.
Unitrunker picks up on this and follows the patch & feeds the audio to DSD+ which it decodes okay.

I'm testing with DSD+ to monitor the trunking channel and feed the audio out(removing unitrunker), but what happens is when the two TGs are patched DSD only shows the talk group of (p)10002 which is locked out as when its unpatched i don't want to hear the conversions from the other distant channel (Only when i'm forced to due to the patch...)

Can DSD+ handle this like Unitrunker does ?

Last edited:
D

DaveNF2G

It is probably showing the host group for the patch, meaning that someone on 10002 patched in 10001.

DSDPlus with FMP24 handle these situations just fine.

astro_boy

Yes, dsdplus shows as a 'supergroup'.
But i don't think its working correctly, maybe i'm missing something in my setup ?

Today there are three TGs patched together, 10001, 10002, 10003.
I know the only user on the site is affiliated to TG 10001, which is the main TG for area.
But dsdplus shows (p)10003 when the channel comes up.

TG 10002/10003 are on L/O, where as 10001 is normal,
So i get no audio.

Hope that explains it/my setup a bit better.

astro_boy

Sorry, in my first post i should have mentioned i was using FMP24 & DSD when i get the issue.
I was comparing to unitrunker which doesn't have the issue.

slicerwizard

If DSD+ isn't handling P25 patches correctly, I'd suggest contacting the authors directly as you're in a good position to describe the problem and send test data, as well as to test any fixes they come up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.