DSD plus and alpha tags?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jchulski19

so I just got my feed back up after running cables and antennas and now I just need a way to get the alpha tags injected into the stream. has anybody been able to do this with DSD or some combo of DSD and other software?

SaSal

I use a home made powershell script I made to allow Proscan to read them as it streams, only way I have found to do it so far.

alabamarailfan

Premium Subscriber
@SaSal any chance you might be interested in sharing more info about your PowerShell script? I, for one, certainly would be interested in hearing more!

LimaZulu

I also created batch script that read last line from dsdplus.event file and writing it to a separate text file that radiofeed use for metadata. Will share it tomorrow if still interested. There's some downsides to my approach but I'll explain to you if you decide to try it.

SaSal

Sure thing, (should have posted it at start)

Just paste into either PS editor or test file and rename to *.ps1

NOTE: may have to change Set-ExecutionPolicy if not already done.

Script:-

get-content -path "C:\Scanning\Production\DSD_01\VC-DSDPlus.srt" -tail 2 -wait | select-string -Pattern 'TG' | Out-file "C:\Scanning\Production\DSD_01\Export.log"

Just need to change the path's and then point Proscan metadata to the export.log file and last line option.

I also just wipe the Export.log on DSD startup - have found if a busy system the log can get 2 large for proscan after 12+ hours, a background task to run on a timer to stop the PS script (taskkill /f /im power*) and then delete the export.log and re run the script fixes it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.