DSD Plus Fastlane setup help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdr_sailor

I have recently began using the SDR Play RSPDX and have also subscribed to DSD Plus fastlane, however I am a much older man and am not as tech-savvy as all of you here. The setup process of DSD Plus has been, shall I say, a bit over my head... The use of a scanner decoder would be of great use to me as my daughter works at the local jail a few miles away and it gives me some peace of mind to hear her using her radio at night. Her career choice greatly worries me!
If there is someone here who can direct me to getting this software working on my computer, I would be greatly appreciative. Thank you, and I am using Windows 10 as well -if that is any help.

jerry01

In the FMP24-CC.bat , line should look like this FMP24 -rc -i1 -o20001 -P0 -b12.5 -f xxx.xxx xxx.xxx is freq

Then in 1R.bat should look something like this DSDPlus -r1 -e -T -E -Pwav -i20001 >>1R-log.txt

I am no expert that this either but have got alot of help from these folks...

sdr_sailor

In the FMP24-CC.bat , line should look like this FMP24 -rc -i1 -o20001 -P0 -b12.5 -f xxx.xxx xxx.xxx is freq

Then in 1R.bat should look something like this DSDPlus -r1 -e -T -E -Pwav -i20001 >>1R-log.txt

Alright, then! Thank you so much for the speedy reply! I shall type this information into the corresponding file directly and then report my findings immediately.

sdr_sailor

I apologize for the presumably ridiculous question, however, is the FMP 24 .bat congruent with the SDR Play devices? I tried to open this file and it mentioned something about the RTL SDR something or other...

slicerwizard

This is not information which I know the answer offhand, but I might be able to find out. I know that it requires a CTCSS code and/or PL tone, however; I'm not sure of which one.
That would make it analog (non-digital) voice traffic. So it's not really what DSD+ is meant for.

I apologize for the presumably ridiculous question, however, is the FMP 24 .bat congruent with the SDR Play devices? I tried to open this file and it mentioned something about the RTL SDR something or other...
If you have an SDRPlay device, try running the FMPP-CC.bat file.

DRL-XM43

Any chance you can find the site in the database section and copy the link into a post. It would really help to help.... if the site and related info is known

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

FMPP is the program used for SDRPlay devices, but it only supports RSP2 and RSP2Pro devices.

DSDPlus is a digital voice decoding program. SDRuno supports the RSPDX and should be able to receive the signal when it uses CTCSS.

73 Eric

sdr_sailor

Any chance you can find the site in the database section and copy the link into a post. It would really help to help.... if the site and related info is known
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. What site and related info are you referring to?

sdr_sailor

Hello,

FMPP is the program used for SDRPlay devices, but it only supports RSP2 and RSP2Pro devices.

DSDPlus is a digital voice decoding program. SDRuno supports the RSPDX and should be able to receive the signal when it uses CTCSS.

73 Eric
The FMPP.exe seems to work, however there is no way to tune the radio spectrum... How does this thing work?? Forgive me, I am not the most computer literate person out there.

DRL-XM43

The FMPP.exe seems to work, however there is no way to tune the radio spectrum... How does this thing work?? Forgive me, I am not the most computer literate person out there.

You can select the spectrum box and type in a frequency and hit enter. You can click on the left or right end of the spectrum and it will shift, you can include a frequency in the startup batch file.

kmcfarland99

Premium Subscriber
The DSDPlus FastLane release works with an SDRPlay 1A just fine. Here is my basic setup:

1. Referencing the 'Notes.txt' file that comes with DSDPlus, acquire the 'USA.csv' file and put in the same directory as the DSDPlus.exe and FMPP.exe executables.
  2. Within the FMPP.cfg file, the following (leave the default comments at the end of each line in place that start with ';')
---- 1st line = Serial # of the SDRPlay​
---- lines 2,3,4,5,6,7 and 9 default values​
---- 8th line, Primary frequency list CSV path\filename = .\USA.csv​
---- 10th line, Miles or kilometers = miles and bearing​
---- 11th line, Search Distance = {What fits your needs, I have mine set to 99.9}​
---- 12th line, Search Origin = {Do a Google Search for the town/city, state you live in. Use the LAT LONG values}​
3. A single batch file named WhatEverYouWant.bat (keep .bat extension) with the following two (2) lines:​

start DSDPlus -r1 -fa -e -T -E -Pwav -i20001 >>1R-log.txt​
start FMPP -rc -i1 -b12.5 -o20001 -f853.7875​

[The -f[VALUE] is the Primary Control Channel listed in the RadioReference database for the Portland Maine P25 system]​

Launching the '.bat' file gets me up and running. There are other files, the 'DSDPlus.[Descriptor]' files, which can be edited to have information such as talkgroups be displayed when a channel is hit. For example, as DSDPlus is running, the DSDPlus.groups will populate with lines for the different talk groups seen. While the file says it can be edited what it is running, I find it best to only edit it when DSDPlus isnt running. In this file, the 3rd column shows the talkgroup # seen. Using the RadioReference database (or other sources) one can find out what the talkgroup is and type the text value at the end of the corresponding line between the double-quotes. When DSDPlus is next run, the talkgroup names will be displayed.

I suspect there is still more for me to learn and tweak, and more complicated systems to monitor will require more attention, but hopefully this will help others out in getting DSDPlus Fastlane release up and running to monitor a P25 system

sdr_sailor

The DSDPlus FastLane release works with an SDRPlay 1A just fine. Here is my basic setup:

1. Referencing the 'Notes.txt' file that comes with DSDPlus, acquire the 'USA.csv' file and put in the same directory as the DSDPlus.exe and FMPP.exe executables.
  2. Within the FMPP.cfg file, the following (leave the default comments at the end of each line in place that start with ';')
---- 1st line = Serial # of the SDRPlay​
---- lines 2,3,4,5,6,7 and 9 default values​
---- 8th line, Primary frequency list CSV path\filename = .\USA.csv​
---- 10th line, Miles or kilometers = miles and bearing​
---- 11th line, Search Distance = {What fits your needs, I have mine set to 99.9}​
---- 12th line, Search Origin = {Do a Google Search for the town/city, state you live in. Use the LAT LONG values}​
3. A single batch file named WhatEverYouWant.bat (keep .bat extension) with the following two (2) lines:​

start DSDPlus -r1 -fa -e -T -E -Pwav -i20001 >>1R-log.txt​
start FMPP -rc -i1 -b12.5 -o20001 -f853.7875​

[The -f[VALUE] is the Primary Control Channel listed in the RadioReference database for the Portland Maine P25 system]​

Launching the '.bat' file gets me up and running. There are other files, the 'DSDPlus.[Descriptor]' files, which can be edited to have information such as talkgroups be displayed when a channel is hit. For example, as DSDPlus is running, the DSDPlus.groups will populate with lines for the different talk groups seen. While the file says it can be edited what it is running, I find it best to only edit it when DSDPlus isnt running. In this file, the 3rd column shows the talkgroup # seen. Using the RadioReference database (or other sources) one can find out what the talkgroup is and type the text value at the end of the corresponding line between the double-quotes. When DSDPlus is next run, the talkgroup names will be displayed.

I suspect there is still more for me to learn and tweak, and more complicated systems to monitor will require more attention, but hopefully this will help others out in getting DSDPlus Fastlane release up and running to monitor a P25 system

Amazing. This is exactly what I was looking for, however I'm afraid I may be out of the game. I am using a RSPdx from SDR Play, which is not yet supported. Am I right?

DRL-XM43

Amazing. This is exactly what I was looking for, however I'm afraid I may be out of the game. I am using a RSPdx from SDR Play, which is not yet supported. Am I right?

Confused! Earlier you said....

"The FMPP.exe seems to work, however there is no way to tune the radio spectrum... How does this thing work?? Forgive me, I am not the most computer literate person out there. "

So that leads me to believe you have something working - no?

sdr_sailor

Forgive me... By "work" I meant that something seems to be happening, I'm just not sure what. I got the FMPP file to turn on, I believe, however it's is not at a point where I can use it. Does that make sense? I apologize for the confusion.

sdr_sailor

You can select the spectrum box and type in a frequency and hit enter. You can click on the left or right end of the spectrum and it will shift, you can include a frequency in the startup batch file.
Ahhh, I think I'm even confused by this website! It must be that I have no business using computers... Please forgive me, I just saw this reply to my post. Thank you for this information, I shall give it a try and see if I can get things to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.