DSD Plus fastlane with RTL error opening device

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd5dga

Premium Subscriber
I'm running W10Pro and DSD+ Fast Lane with multiple Nooelec radios on an i7 box. DSD always seems to find an available radio or two. I regularly run UT2 on the same machine, but my procedure is to start the UT2 radio(s) first, then start DSD. Seems to work.
I had ran the same. I installed UT2 on a older Dell laptop I had and using two RTL-SDR V3 dongles monitoring all that is local and on my main desktop I run DSD Plus Fastlane experimenting.

kd5dga

Premium Subscriber
Believe me, its not slander in any form.
For what it is worth, I have other things to do as well.
If it went to 500 bucks I don't think he would have many people willing to pay, So I chalked it up as a 25 dollar loss and moved on. Maybe someday DSD plus fast lane will be worthwhile but until then its a dead thing to me.
As for my comment, at first DSD Plus Fastlane has a serious learning curve but its al still in development. Hopefully the developers will allow the use of serialized dongles as I mentioned. Once learned it is a great program to use. Still a huge learning curve but I am getting there. just remember its still being developed and I take it now my money was well spent on a another program for my hobby.

DRL-XM43

As for my comment, at first DSD Plus Fastlane has a serious learning curve but its al still in development. Hopefully the developers will allow the use of serialized dongles as I mentioned. Once learned it is a great program to use. Still a huge learning curve but I am getting there. just remember its still being developed and I take it now my money was well spent on a another program for my hobby.

I would just say that I use DSD+ with FMP24 to trunk follow or decode all - I do it with 2 simple batch files - one for single dongle and one for 2 dongles - with the L(ist feature) I can pick from a list of everything from clear AM/FM NEXEDGE TIII Cap+ D-Star P25 and more with no effort, from launching either of the two simple batch files without needing to change anything. Two desktop icons and the world is my oyster :)

The learning curve was not steep, I simply asked here and received instant support from forum members once I explained what I wanted to do. I have had the pleasure since, of helping others once I got conversant myself.

That was my experience.

kd5dga

Premium Subscriber
I would just say that I use DSD+ with FMP24 to trunk follow or decode all - I do it with 2 simple batch files - one for single dongle and one for 2 dongles - with the L(ist feature) I can pick from a list of everything from clear AM/FM NEXEDGE TIII Cap+ D-Star P25 and more with no effort, from launching either of the two simple batch files without needing to change anything. Two desktop icons and the world is my oyster :)

The learning curve was not steep, I simply asked here and received instant support from forum members once I explained what I wanted to do. I have had the pleasure since, of helping others once I got conversant myself.

That was my experience.
What you mention are things that I don't know of yet with using your own batch files. I have DSD plus in several named folders under C:/and I execute the .bat files from there. The .bat are set up for those systems I want to monitor.

DRL-XM43

What you mention are things that I don't know of yet with using your own batch files. I have DSD plus in several named folders under C:/and I execute the .bat files from there. The .bat are set up for those systems I want to monitor.

That is what I find great about the software, it is so feature rich and so flexible it can satisfy both the neophyte and the expert. Before I figured things out I had multiple folders for different things, but after working with it and reading a little bit I now have a single folder to do all I need to. I said 2 batch files originally but I actually have a third dedicated to scanning "collections" of frequencies via the FMP24 scanlist feature, but that is out of the single folder also.

Anyway spending a few minutes with the notes.txt files and asking and reading the forum can soon accelerate the learning curve.

TheButcher

"As for my comment, at first DSD Plus Fastlane has a serious learning curve but its al still in development. Hopefully the developers will allow the use of serialized dongles as I mentioned. Once learned it is a great program to use. Still a huge learning curve but I am getting there. just remember its still being developed and I take it now my money was well spent on a another program for my hobby. "

Yea, all good. Some of Us had played with DOS back in the day. Me personally, I used Amigas. Linux is a bit over my head, I must admit!

And as for serialised dongles, I agree! I just bout a third v3 dongle and an LNA and have disabled the IR port and gave it a unique serial number. I also bought 2 x 15M active USB 2.0 extension cables. Shame the dongles don't work. I suspect that I need to run a separate +5V up there (on me roof you see?) or +12V and run a 5V regulator up there (with reservoir capacitor of course...).

Yes still being developed, which suits me. I own about, er, 10 DMR radios and they are not cheap. For the price of DSD+ I am not complaining! Once you get used to 5 or more windows cluttering your desktop, taking it over, it is not so bad...

Status
Not open for further replies.