DSD plus fastlane ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

merlin

I have DSDplus all setup and working fantastic. One RTL_SDR and listening/logging county sheriff.
DSD wanted to update so, why not and downloaded a new version. Full backup and installed, I couldn't make it work for access reasons.
Got back to my original setup and now the 1R bat file fails. the error is the first command '-r1'.
Anybody with a clue why the error ??
73s

Attachments

• Screenshot (39).jpg
    Screenshot (39).jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 59

merlin

you're trying to use the "-r" parameter with the "free" version of DSD+ 1.101pt , as indicated by your screen shot. You can only use that command line parameter with a version of DSDPlus fastlane, and it must be a version 2.176 or later.
So you are saying DSD+ 1.01pt is not compatible with fastlane ? I do have fastlane and before I cut my own foot off, all this worked, now, DSD just sits on the control channel and 1r. bat shows the error.
(fastlane has the 1r. bat and FMP24-CC.bat files.)
I will check my versions, I looked for fastlane update, but the web site is blacked out.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
DSD+ 1.101 is just that...version 1.101, which was the last free version released to date. It's ancient at this point, having been released in Dec 2015. Fast Lane, the "pay to play" versions, started being offered in 2015, with version 1.112 being the first release. All Fast Lane versions are the successors to 1.101. So it's not a question of compatibility as much as it is keeping up with the releases if you're a Fast Lane subscriber.

All of this is spelled out in the Fast Lane release notes each time a new version is released.

merlin

OK, I fixed everything and see what backfired. That update overwrites some files for fastlane and not compatible.
I was also following outdated install/setup instructions, so did this myself.
ONE> put all needed zip files into a work directory.
Extract DSDplus1p101 zip
Extract DSDplusDLLs zip
Extract fftw-3.3.5-dll32 zip
Extract tnjaXP3sqc_DSDplus2p256 zip (fastlane) >enter password>replace all. (all in this order)
That it your done.
Edit FMP24-CC.bat with control frequency.
I only have one working dongle, so after you get started, run the 1r.bat and the scrolling should start
Channel activity is logged and voice channels decoded.
This worked for me, so I am back.
Don't do anything in this folder other than editing bat files or you wind up like me.

merlin

DSD+ 1.101 is just that...version 1.101, which was the last free version released to date. It's ancient at this point, having been released in Dec 2015. Fast Lane, the "pay to play" versions, started being offered in 2015, with version 1.112 being the first release. All Fast Lane versions are the successors to 1.101. So it's not a question of compatibility as much as it is keeping up with the releases if you're a Fast Lane subscriber.

All of this is spelled out in the Fast Lane release notes each time a new version is released.
Yea, fastlane has the new DSDplus in it, I got 2p256.
I looked for new fastlane updates but the site is blacked out.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Is there ever going to be another free version?
That's a really good question. Seeing as how 5.5 years have gone by since the last public release, it seems unlikely. Why give something away for free that people have been happily paying for in all that time? Doesn't make much sense, and surely the developer's time is worth a measly $10 per year or $25 for a lifetime of updates.

mancow

Database Admin
I had the $10 plan long ago and it expired. I've since lost track of the files. If I sign up again will I get all the files I need?

Sorry if this is a hijack.

RakkFO

Premium Subscriber
I had the $10 plan long ago and it expired. I've since lost track of the files. If I sign up again will I get all the files I need?

Sorry if this is a hijack.

Yes, when you join fastlane they send you the current version of the files. There has been times when I get busy with life and request the current files and they send them to me. Last couple times that has happened I have just sent in another $25 and they send me the files as well. If we support the developers they will continue to support us!

mancow

Database Admin
Yes, when you join fastlane they send you the current version of the files. There has been times when I get busy with life and request the current files and they send them to me. Last couple times that has happened I have just sent in another $25 and they send me the files as well. If we support the developers they will continue to support us!

Excellent, thanks.

uzbek197

Premium Subscriber
Всем привет такой вопрос можно ли добавить поддержку обработку IP на трафик каналах в P25. Спасибо.

BM82557

Всем привет такой вопрос можно ли добавить поддержку обработку IP на трафик каналах в P25. Спасибо.

Translation from Russian to English --

Hello everyone, such a question is it possible to add support for IP processing on traffic channels in P25. Thanks

uzbek197

Premium Subscriber
Всем привет, такой вопрос можно ли добавить поддержку IP-обработки по каналам трафика в P25. Спасибо

Status
Not open for further replies.